1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she into me???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by tay98, Aug 14, 2017.

1. tay98

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I met this girl on a dating app. We were messaging for a bit and then I asked if she wanted to get coffee. She said yes and we got coffee and it seemed like we both got along really well. I paid for our drinks and she was very grateful. When it was time to leave she "we should catch up again sometime" and we added each other on Facebook. Later that night she messaged me on FB thanking me and saying that i'm "such a sweetheart". I replied saying something similar.
    The problem is that she didn't message me again until I messaged her today (3 days later). I'm the one who suggested meeting up and who messaged her first, so I guess i'm just worried she isn't actually interested and is just being nice.
    IDK I just have no idea what i'm doing, i'm kinda new to the whole dating thing, I probably sound so stupid right now. What should I do? Should I ask her out and see out it goes this time? It's just hard to tell with girls if they're just being friendly or if they want more.

2. Altruistic blue

I would not get too alarmed in the beginning. There is a chance that she was also waiting on a reply from you too. Did she reply? And how quickly did she reply? She could also be dating around to see who she clicks with. Just keep going and see where it leads. If it ends up being one sided, then feel free to let it go. If not, just have fun :slight_smile:

tay98 likes this.
  3. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Three days is totally within the range of her trying not to look too desperate. Because you know how if you get a quick email reply you feel somehow obliged to reply to it quickly too? She may be thinking the same things you are. That would be good, of course!

And can I just say from the perspective of a male -- straight girls are equally hard to figure out. But of course one shouldn't be trying to "figure out". One should be asking, to find out. And... when I say "sweetheart"... I'm having feelings. Your mileage may vary.

#3 beenthrdonetht, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    tay98 likes this.