1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is she gone for good? :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Dec 29, 2012.

1. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well maybe she is thinking about what to say.

2. MerBear

maybe , she usually doesn't have a problem with it but maybe she does now.
    she has told she hasn't gotten over me and still has feelings for me but i mean we can't date obviously

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You cant date because you are far apart?

4. MerBear

yeah and were 16 so...also if i tried to go see her , my sister would make sure i couldn't.
    she's a secret and i wish she wasn't

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still don't understand you; you wanted to be with her, and she wanted to be close to someone, therefore, you guys split up? Why would her wanting to be close to the person in her relationship mess this up? Isn't that what a relationship is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    She's talking about long distance. Her ex wanted to be with someone close, as in someone closer to where she lives, I believe.

7. MerBear

Yes that's what I mean

8. Kay

Kay Guest

You said that soon you two would have to move on. She did. I would not stay in a relationship any longer than was necessary with someone who made such a statement. The time on that would be to end it myself before that person hurt me further. I don't mean to sound so harsh but why would I invest myself in a relationship that is doomed. Under the circumstances I would not reply to your emails either. What would be the point?

If the relationship was online only I would bail even faster because I would feel less vested in the first place.

9. MerBear

Kay , seeming you probably have more maturity than me , i can see where your coming from but i only said that because i thought THAT WAS WHAT SHE wanted me to say.

and i didn't hurt her!
    are you kidding me? ....sorry , you don't know what she did to me in the beginning so i dont expect you to get it.

she's the one who said she still had feelings for me in the first place and when i try to make it work , she left.

she's not the one to commit.
    i'm sorry i tried to make things work between us even though we probably wouldn't work.
    gotta take a chance sometime and thats what i tried to do

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2012 at 11:13 AM ----------

i'm sorry to sound rude but i'm stubborn as hell as you may have noticed

10. Kay

Kay Guest

In the bold: It is hard to know what someone wants you to say. Sometimes their meaning is exactly the opposite. People do not always give off the proper signals for us to read.

2: Telling someone that a relationship would eventually end can hurt. If she treated you badly to begin with I can understand why you said what you did. I give you credit for making such a response to her. If you were hurt first and did not respond you become a doormat to be hurt and you did not. You protected yourself. Thumbs up on that.

3. If you tried to make it work and she left you have lost nothing and again your response was good. I would not worry if she was coming back. I would be searching for the heart that will join with yours to form true love. Again if this is the case your response was correct and you deserve better.

4. If you are looking for a committed relationship and she is not seeking the same you are better off as it stands and I would suggest you forget the emails to her and move on. Unless you think you can change her and most of the time changing someone is futile.

Hugs dear and good luck in life.

You were not rude dear you were speaking your mind and that is how we create dialogue and deeper understanding.

11. MerBear

she lied to me and it left me emotionally damaged and i'm still hurt from it so i put a wall where i didn't trust her as much...and i guess i'm less hurt now but i still had feelings for her and i couldn't bring myself to leave her so for 3 months , i tried to look for someone else although i was still talking to her which was a bad idea so then i told her i still had feelings for her and that i just wanted her and then she told me she still had feelings for me as well but then i realize we wouldn't work so then i gave her that email ..i gave her that email for 2 reasons

1) because i thought it's what she wanted to hear
    2) to see how she would respond.

and then she gave me her last email and when i replied to it , she never responded.
    therefore , knowing that my email was her ticket to get out of committing so now i'm sitting here , trying to distract myself. giving her up slowly in a process

#31 MerBear, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  12. Kay

Kay Guest

Under the circumstances you explain I believe now you did the proper thing.

When a relationship ends there is lingering pain. It can take much time to heal. It seems like you are in the process of healing your wounds. It seems obvious she used your email as a way out and can feel justified in saying you broke up. It never is fair and I am so sorry you are hurting. Words are the only salve we have and so I say I hope you are able to see she was not interested in committing to you and you want and deserve someone who does want to be your partner. Hugs

13. MerBear

yeah i know she wasn't interested , i just wish she didn't say she still had feelings for me.
    it's like i woke up this morning but didn't want to get out of bed at all but then took a shower , then i had to painfully realize she's gone and i know she's not worth it but every time i realize she's gone , i start to cry ...and can't help but feel pain

14. Kay

Kay Guest

Our heart sometimes stands in the way of what we know. Our heart is screaming our love and affection so loudly we can't seem to see the truth.
    She said she had feelings to protect her heart from speaking her truth. Her untruth damaged your heart and wounded you, it seems deeply. I am sad for this. I wish it could be different.

You will grow from this experience though. It is a painful lesson.

Tears are cleansing and so healing. They help us to move from what was to what is and what will be.

Of course you can't help feeling the pain. Feelings are not right or wrong they just are. It may be painful for a long time it may be painful for only a few hours more. The more we open our hearts the more apt we are to be wounded. The more we open our hearts the more apt we are to find true love. We risk the wounds to find the wonder of a life of love. If you continue to put yourself at risk you will in the end find the relationship you seek. Trust that this is true.

I see you have your mood set to Crushed. I would change that to Better. Hugs

15. MerBear

she tore me apart. i thought i found the one person who understood me and now i realize she's gone and it makes my throat close up and i can barely breathe then i try to cry because i know she's not worth crying over but it just keeps coming , it's my 2nd day of crying. hopefully it'll stop soon

---------- Post added 31st Dec 2012 at 12:06 PM ----------

she tore me apart. i thought i found the one person who understood me and now i realize she's gone and it makes my throat close up and i can barely breathe then i try not to cry because i know she's not worth crying over but it just keeps coming , it's my 2nd day of crying. hopefully it'll stop soon

16. Kay

Kay Guest

I am sorry you have been torn apart. As community I feel your pain. The sadness can seem unbearable at times, but we are stronger than we think. She is not worth crying over but you will still have tears and they are better out on your cheeks than buried inside where your heart is. By are tears we are washed and healed. Two days of crying may not be enough. They will stop and you will be better for it. Hugs for the tears I hope you find the spot of healing quickly.

17. MerBear

it's funny though , we met because i was questioning my sexuality and after she lied to me , i started to question all over again , now i'm thinking it's a matter of accepting. im still not sure

18. Kay

Kay Guest

It's okay to question. You will find out who you are. We do find who we are and once we know it's up to us to be strong enough to accept it. It doesn't matter what it is. If you are bisexual, lesbian, straight, transgender or whatever mix. We have to accept ourselves and be proud of who and what we are. Sometimes that is the difficult part. You can do that i am certain. :icon_bigg

19. MerBear

yeah , i don't know if i'm still in denial since i'm still questioning because a lot tell me i'm going through a phase and after the feelings i've had on my crushes and especially scarlett (the ex online girlfriend) ....i would think , i'm definitely not straight

20. Kay

Kay Guest

I am happy you changed your name. Wounds do heal. and flying alone temporarily is okay.
    When I read your words about Scarlett in conjunction with your feelings. I'd say you weren't straight as well. I would even question if you are bi as well. You may well be lesbian. It is for you to find yourself and the truth of who you are.

A long time ago I tried to date a couple of guys. Things went poorly and I realized quickly I was only dating males to try and fit it. I am glad the experiment ended early. I know after maybe ten bad dates that I was lesbian. I was not even sure what lesbian was in that day and age but i certainly knew I did not want to date them or be kissed by them.