1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she aromantic/ asexual? advice needed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by usrnaym, Dec 12, 2017.

1. usrnaym

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, this is about my best friend, i'll call her A.
    I'm pretty sure most girls know how other girls or age (we're both 13) always want a boyfriend and so on. Well, whenever my other friend and me mention that we want a boyfriend, A always says that she doesn't want/ need one and that she's just not one for relationships. She also told us that she may look at a boy and be like "Yeah, he's handsome", but wouldn't really be interested in them any further. When I asked her if she ever wanted to marry, she wasn't sure. Something else A told me was that she wanted to adopt a child, but alone and without a man.

Do you think she could be ace or is it just because we are still young and it will come later on?
    I'd be really thankful for help (especially from aces, since those could probably understand better)

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. Lia444

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are both very young, I know kids these days seem to have it all figured out but it’s not always the case for everyone. I would just keep being a good friend and not judging her for what she says and see how things go. She will no doubt figure out who she is in due course,

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would be ridiculous to label someone asexual or aromantic at 13. Way too early because puberty, hormones, and sex drive all develop at different rates, and it would not be even slightly unusual for someone 13 to not have any sex interest whatsoever... but to later develop it.