1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is LGBT common where you are?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silverdeer, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Just Adam

We got pride in July... Wonder who will turn up.

2. C P

C P

I've almost never seen a gay couple in person here, though I do know there are some lgbt folk around despite it being a fairly small town. The -problem- is that the majority of that lot are hypocritical, prejudiced pricks.

3. Nordland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Excluding myself in my year at school I know of 3 bi sexuals and 1 gay guy. So by doing the maths (there are 125 guys in my year) and 5 ( now including myself) are lgbt it means that to my knowledge 4% of the guys in my year are lgbt.

4. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a TON of LGBT students at school. I don't even know why, but less than 50% of my school is straight. It's probably to make up for the lack of racial diversity....

5. Ashley2103

6. Natasha Elyssa

Where I live, it's relatively uncommon. LGBT does exist where I live, it's just so small and covered-up that you rarely hear about it. It's rare, but intentionally rare if you know what I mean.

7. Dingdang

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In my school, there are quite a few LGBT people, and there's even a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) club. I know at least one person who belongs in each category of the LGBT initialism, and most people are supportive. However, many straight, cisgender people constantly joke about peoples, things, and situations being "gay", though they usually are not deliberately trying to offend anyone. There are only a few people I know who would insult someone for being LGBT, so most LGBT individuals are not afraid to express who they really are. Walking down the halls, I can see almost every day lesbian couples and symbols of pride, such as the six-color flag. :icon_bigg

LGBT is more common than I expected it to be once I entered high school, and the confidence of others who express their true selves has inspired me to officially begin my MTF transition.

8. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My school is very gay-friendly, though I'm not sure how other schools in the area are. We have a large GSA here, and most of my friend circle is gay. :3 There was an all-around positive reaction when I came out, thankfully! :grin:

9. burg

i love my town and region nelson tasman new zealand i have a long list of why i love it. but we have a big 0 when it comes to a lgbt community.

10. crazydiamond

When I was in school I really only knew one gay person. Other than that, it was still kind of hush hush. We had a GSA but I didn't know of anyone who actually went there that was gay. I think it's much more common in the last few years for people to be out. But it depends on the area. There's a large community of LGBT people where I live, and I occasionally see LGBT couples outside that area.