Is it normal to NOT feel this way?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Apr 6, 2012.

1. super confused

I'm gay; I find women attractive. That being said, i don't really have fantasies about women. When I try to, I come up blank or end up feeling really stupid. I think that it's because I only just came out to myself, and I always either had fantasies about guys or none at all because I switched between thinking I was straight and thinking I was asexual; so maybe it's just a little weird for me, still. But I don't know. Is it normal? I don't find guys sexually attractive, but, for whatever reason, I like the idea of literally sleeping with a guy. Just falling asleep in the same bed. No kissing, no sex, no clothing removal, nothing sexual or romantic in any way. I don't know why, but I like it. I don't know what it means, but maybe someone here does...

:confused2: :help:

2. super confused

No thoughts?

:confused: :bang:

3. Lewis

Interesting. Maybe with the guys you have similar feelings that I have with women - I find them attractive, but like that of finding a painting attractive. I admire the beauty of a female. I wouldn't worry about the fact that you don't have 'fantasies' about women, like you said, you've only just come out to yourself. Just give it some time, some people find it hard to 'fantasise' about things and would prefer to literally engage in it. You're not hurting anyone feeling the way that you do, just give it time. Sex isn't the be all and end all of everything.

Sorry that my advice isn't great, it's not something I can wholly relate to, but I really really wouldn't worry too much about it.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you just need a bit more time to let everything fall into place. How do you feel about (literally) sleeping with a woman?

Lex

5. greeneyes

I can't seem to find it online, but there's a really good sheet on this.

There's a difference between, gender (female to male), sexual orientation (gay to straight), gender identity (masculine to feminine), desire (women to men), fantasy (women to men), and action (women to men). So your desire, your fantasy, and your actions could all be different. For example, you may fantasize more about women (but also men), you may only have desire for women, and you may act only with men.