1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it better to be sexy than to be cute?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Steve FS, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    [YOUTUBE]QQH4fFM0kTo[/YOUTUBE]​

What do you guys think about this video? Do you think being cute is any less attractive than being sexy?

Do you think they're different things, or the same?

Relationship wise, do you prefer your mate to be one over the other?

Do you personally struggle with being called cute instead of sexy, or sexy instead of cute, and does it bother you?

2. Plattyrex

I have never been called sexy, but I get called cute all the time. It is miserable. Seriously, I wanna be sexy, not cute.

3. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    By my friends, I would rather be called cute. By people I find attractive, I would rather be called sexy/pretty. Regardless, no one ever calls me either of those :frowning2:

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think cute is part of being sexy, so... no

5. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't see the two as being mutually exclusive at all. There are guys I'd consider to be one or the other, but there are also those rare guys who fit both labels well. I don't see cute as being a "lesser" compliment anyways.

#5 mbanema, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I stopped working out I get called cute a lot more than sexy..... =(

7. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you think sexy is part of being cute, too?

8. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    All of this.

[​IMG]

#8 RawringSnake, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  9. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't personally been called either one, however until I am and I figure out otherwise, I think I'd prefer being called cute honestly, at least in most contexts. There may be certain rare contexts in which I might prefer being called sexy.

For whatever the reason, on a normal basis I'm not too terribly fond of the word "sexy" in general.

10. Kodama

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't personally been called either one, however until I am and I figure out otherwise, I think I'd prefer being called cute honestly, at least in most contexts. There may be certain rare contexts in which I might prefer being called sexy.

For whatever the reason, on a normal basis I'm not too terribly fond of the word "sexy" in general.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Generally speaking for me, cute=sexy. Sexy=trying too hard. Approachable types are always more attractive to me than glamorous models.

12. Distant Echo

For me sexy is an attitude. How a woman holds herself, walks, talks, acts around others. Her voice, her mannerisms, how she laughs.
    Cute is looks.
    I'd pick attitude over looks every time so I guess I'd rather others did the same with me.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I think you can be cute without being sexy. You can be either one without the other, it's just that I'm more likely to find you sexy if I also think you're cute.

14. Plattyrex

Come to think of it, most of the people who call me cute are people who enjoy being friends with on a platonic level. I retract my previous statement, because if one of my friends started calling me sexy I would think she's a pervert and it would probably harm said friendship.

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, I'd definitely say sexy has more to do with someone's charisma. It's a combination of looks, voice/the way they talk, personality, mind, body language, and general attractiveness of face and body. Sexy is also quite subjective. Related to this would be "hot" in which case the person in question is a turn-on and everything about them makes you fluttery.

Cute I associate with a kind of... Youthfullness and overall nice look (especially in the face, facial expressions, style).

At least that's how I see it.

16. ledja

ledja Guest

i thought that cute and sexy were pretty much the same thing to me until i read justine6's reply and then i realised that there may be a difference of some sort, actually. i think it's acceptable for my friends to call me cute (or myself calling other friends that) paying a compliment without breaching platonic admiration/affection. if a friend called me sexy in a non-joking way however, that's certainly less of a platonic compliment to me.

i think that cute is sexy. what others might consider sexy i don't really get if that person isn't in some way cute as well..... it's probably a very subjective question.

17. Distant Echo

Imagine being blind and not being able to see what someone looks like. Cute becomes irrelevant because then its all about who they are, not what they look like. What can you learn about someone over the phone without ever seeing them? What about a chat room or emails or even, gasp, snail mail?
    Finding someone physically attractive is a bonus, but no relationship is going to succeed if you don't like them as well. So yes, sexy does not equal cute, at all. The cutest person can be so full of ego they are painful to spend time with. The most socially awkward person can be utterly awesome once they relax. Someone who might not get a second glance from most people could have a breath-taking personality. Looks are secondary. They don't last. Who a person is is sexy, not what they look like.

18. ledja

ledja Guest

i agree, looks are obviously secondary when it comes to being in a relationship with someone. but i don't think either 'sexy' or 'cute' are looks/personality exclusive descriptor words.

i don't think 'sexy' necessarily is associated with personality, while 'cute' is associated with looks. actually, i probably would have associated those words more with the opposite definitions. it's just a subjective thing.

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think both are positive words that you should enjoy being called. You'd just have to read between the lines in order to rank which word is best, especially considering some people prefer using one word over the other.

I'm 5'5" and look several years younger, so it just seems natural to focus on cuteness. Plus I'm a sadist, and I feel MUCH MORE balanced if people find me less threatening. I used to feel annoyed at being called sexy because I prefer being called cute, but that's just nitpicking. Thankfully, people usually just call me weird :lol:

20. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It depends what your goal is. To be fair, I'd prefer sexy, because cute sounds too innocent and sweet, but it depends on the person.