1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is he or isn't he

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Christophe, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Christophe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Last year a met this gorgeos guy at college. Damn I have to recognize that since the very first moment he spoke to me, I liked him. I'm 18 years old, very introverted person and naturally I'm still closeted. We got along very well, we didn't have anything in common but stiil enjoyed our talks. We started spending time together, eating lunch, going to the movies, go out for drinks and those kind of stuff. I'm very confused about him, sometimes I'd say he likes me like I do. There's something in his eyes and smile when he greets me that drives me crazy. Sometimes when we're at the movies he seems to put his leg very close to mine and lets it there for a while, I like it :slight_smile: Problem is that he's always speaking about girls and can't tell if he's gay and really wants something more with me or I'm just rolling all this in my head. We have camp together and once I stayed at his house, both of us alone, but nothing happened haha! :frowning2:. For god's sake that sometimes I just want to kiss him and say fuck it let's see how this turns out, but I'm afraid I scare him and lose his friendship. I'm really confused. What do you think I should do? is he or isn't he?

2. Irrelevant Boy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Before making any rash decisions, get to know him better. You never know when he might hint something to you about his sexuality :wink:

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, please do not lean in and kiss him. That would be a big mistake, unless you have some very clear signs that he is interested and at the moment you just don't have those signs. When we have a crush on someone we tend to look at the smallest details (like legs touching in the cinema) and magnify it into something more our minds, simply because we want something more with someone who seems out of reach.

Is it completely hopeless though? No, I don't think so, but you have a lot to find out about him before you can pursue things. As a starting point, try to find out what he thinks of same sex relationships. Maybe mention a gay/bi celebrity or some topical news item about LGBT rights and see how he reacts. If he responds in a positive way it should be a safe bet to come out to him and break down at least one barrier.

I think it would be good to reflect this to him in some way. In your own words, tell him how much you value him and how you think it's great that you get on so well, even though you don't seem to have much in common and see how he responds. Maybe this could be a follow on conversation if you are able to come out to him?

This will take time and you may go through the whole process of getting to know him better only to find that he is really only interested in girls. I don't think it's unreasonable to explore the issue, but don't get too invested in the idea either.