1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he just to polite to say no?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by max85, Jan 23, 2018.

1. max85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OK, so this guy is driving me insane. Like, literally. So here is what happened:
    • We met through an app and within three minutes we had a really fun conversation.
    • He suggested we should meet up for some drinks
    • Which we did. We had a super fun night. And I mean really super fun. I haven't had such a good time in forever. I literally just met him and I felt so comfortable that it seemed as if we had known each other forever.
    • On my initiative, we went to his place after, nothing serious happened.
    • When things got more intense ;-) it was already 1:30 am and he said he had to get up early the next day, so he needs to stop this before he gets too much into it. He then literally said "But it was such a great evening, it doesn't have to go there. Another time."
    So far that evening. Naturally, I was more than interested in meeting up with him again. I messaged him the next day saying that I had a really fun evening and we should hang out again some time. His reply some minutes later was, and I quote literally, "Definitely! Was super fun".

Where is the catch, you wonder? Well fast forward 10 days and we haven't met up or even fixed a date. I messaged him about every three days or so but then conversations are like:
    Me: "I'm free Tue, Thu and Sat"
    Him: "For me, it's the opposite days"
    Me "Well, I'm free on Wednesday, just a bit later"
    On Wednesday afternoon he asks if we can hang out some other day since he's stuck at work.
    Saturday I ask him if he's free the next day. No he isn't.
    Today I message him and ask him if he's free this week. No answer after three hours.

It is driving me insane. Normally I would say "I guess he doesn't want to meet up anymore, he's just stalling cause he's too polite to say no". But why on earth would he say "Definitely! Was super fun!" in the first place? Why would he hint at a second date before I left? This is like the mixed message of all mixed messages.

Or am I overthinking this... Maybe he is just a super busy person... But then, he was quick with replying before we met up, now he is so slow. But why would he say "super fun".

Or is he just insecure about himself and not me? Amy I reading too much into all this. Definitely, I guess.

I'm going mental...

2. SomecallhimTim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think for now you should hold off on messaging him and let him come to you. If he's really interested, he will.

Devil Dave and PatrickUK like this.
  3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the previous poster. It's entirely possible that he is being honest and you do have schedule clashes, but if he is interested he will try to meet you half way and do some of the running too.