1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he into me at all? (We’re both 23?)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gipsy, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Gipsy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I’m a bisexual female, more into girls than guys, but I guess he caught my eye. There is this guy that I’m interested in at my church and he’s a music producer there, so long story short he texted me 2 days ago at like 10PM with a “hey, how are you” after not seeing me for 2 days but he didn’t reply after that and just small things like I’ve caught him staring at me head to toe when I wasn’t looking, he hearts all the short messages I’ve said to him, uh.. wanted to treat me for a coffee at his studio although when that day arrive he was too busy and probably forgot? But then again, I usually leave the church pretty quickly like having to go home, so maybe I didn’t give it a chance that day? He was busy on the stage playing the guitar attending the morning service, and unfortunately I had to leave in the middle of the service on the day for coffee. But I could have sworn, he was eyeing me on the times that he took a break from playing. He’s going to New York and yesterday he pretty much told me “I’ll send you photos and text you when I’m there” then kind of did this raising eyebrow thing to his friend and his friend did it back to him. But I think I always have my doubts because he’s such a busy guy and really forgetful with the text stuff so haha idk. I remember this other time he came to the church from his other job working construction, and I guess he didn’t expect me there and he said “Sorry I look like a mess right now.”

When I first arrived at the church again after 5 months of being absent (literally 2 weeks ago), I told him that I do vocals and he said “Ooh, you’ve peaked my interest!” He has also childishly poked my back when I wasn’t looking and turned away when I turned back, I guess to say hi to me..? Haha. He’s also even mentioned that I could teach him some of the French that I learned while he teaches me how to produce music.

Is this all in my head or is it safer to get to know him more..? I’m super bad at flirting and tend to reject a lot of things like I’m just imagining it, but I don’t know. And yes, I’m a female. :slight_smile:

2. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you could just see how it goes and enjoy his attention, even if it only ends up as friends. Could you ask him to go for coffee or a beer? Good luck!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately, some people are just bad at texting/messaging, but it sounds like this guy is trying to keep in touch with you. Even if they are busy, people who are interested will carve out time. I agree you'll get a better idea by going out one-on-one. It's 2021, you don't have to wait for him to ask you out.