1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insecure GF...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by pinklov3ly, Jan 6, 2020.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been a while since I've posted here and a lot has changed for me over the years. I am currently in a relationship with a woman whom I've been with for a little over a year and things have been great overall. However, she is driving me crazy thinking that I still want to be with a man. I should mention the fact that I am bisexual and she is a lesbian, she's never been with a man, but I have in the past. I've been trying to convince her that I do not want nor do I need a man in my life to be happy. She seems to think that I am going to get back with my ex whom I share kids with, but that will never in life happen. He helps me provide for our children financially, and that is all, but I've accepted this years before she came into the picture so, why in the hell would I want to be with a man who does not want a relationship with his own children. It's just so crazy because I am so in love with this woman and she makes me ridiculously happy. How do I reassure her that she is everything that I've ever dreamed of?

#1 pinklov3ly, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  2. DecentOne

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi pinklov3ly,

Are you sending out a vibe to her? You’ve questioned your ability to be monogamous here on EC in the past, have you said something out loud about that around her too?
    If so, she’s just picking up on a part of you that threatens what she wants.

But I also wonder if it is a threat to her way of existing in relationships. You said in another thread that she is younger and is always the one being taken care of - she expects you to take on chores. Maybe I misread what you’d been saying in another thread, or maybe you were talking about someone else. But if I’m getting those pieces matched up to the same woman it isn’t just about monogamy, it is also about whether you will be focused on supporting her in the manner in which she is accustomed.

So it isn’t just helping her see she is all you ever dreamed of... it is about helping her express what she dreams of, and how the fears are coming out.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has this been an issue throughout the relationship or is it something that has occurred more recently?