1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indications of Someone Else's Sexuality?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bsg75apollo, Mar 25, 2022.

1. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have wanted to ask this question of someone for a while, but didn't think that I had anyone to ask. But, it just dawned on me that this is a safe place to ask. I know a friend of a friend who is married with a kid who has made a couple of off-hand comments that made me curious. One was, "I wouldn't exactly kicks Chris Evans out of bed." and "Hugh Laurie could have me for a cheap bottle of wine." Do you think that he was joking around or an is it an indication of at least bisexuality? My "gaydar" which is pretty accurate says yes, but then I wonder if I am just projecting. I have no interest in him beyond thinking that he is someone to whom I could talk openly. Not to sound too cliche, but he is also a comic book artist who is obsessed with the Little Mermaid. Your thought?

2. Alex2

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have much experience with this sexual orientation stuff, but to me, this definitely sounds like a sign of interest in guys, especially the Chris Evans remark. Then again, it's probably best not to make assumptions unless your friend tells you directly.

3. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only person who can really tell you is him. At the very least, it sounds likely that he would be accepting if you came out to him. Does that feel like something you could do?

It would then also give him the opportunity to come out too, if relevant and something that he felt comfortable doing.

4. zgaynz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps he suspects you might be bisexual and is testing the waters? Just guessing, not good at this sort of thing.