1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In line at walmart right now...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 27, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Nope. I'll enjoy my Thanksgiving and Black Friday happily away from any store. I do NOT want to be stuck in traffic in this weather.

2. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I went to walmart too! I went for the 50 inch tv guarantee. I also found a trash can, fryer, candles, two huge things of chocolate for xmas presents, 32 inch tv, and one or two other little things.

Then from hhgregg I got a DVD player for $12 and ordered a deep freeze for $99.
    Tomorrow I'm going to petsmart to get the animals a few gifts and stock up on cat litter for this year...usually I buy 12 containers and it lasts me til the following year. Usually I don't buy that much but I'm moving so that's why I'm stocking up on everything. I also ordered some fabric to make my dog a blanket and mattress cover for his bed I'm gonna build him for xmas.

3. Perseus

Should I be happy or sad that none of this ever happens in Switzerland...?

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amen to that. I wish retailers like Amazon would piss off with shit like this. When did 'Black Friday' even become a thing in the UK? These giant American agglomerates keep trying to shove their shitty practices down our throat. It's nearly as bad as Halloween.

#24 imnotreallysure, Nov 27, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I worked today. It was not as bad as I expected. People were mostly nice, all except for one who threw a basket at me... I have one more shift for closing tomorrow (I am opening and closing the store). So, I am not buying anything, but I am still at a store :slight_smile:

6. Hexagon

Mostly it doesn't work out like that, though. That's why they have sales; people buy more, and spend far more than they would ordinarily, because they think they're getting a good deal.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For those who don't make enough to buy some of the goods ordinarily, I'd say it actually does become a good deal for them to save money for Black Friday.

8. Hexagon

And that's fine. But it doesn't usually work out that way.

9. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I bought a pair of track pants and a lot of cat food today...

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nothing but sweets.

I just read that quickly and thought you said I live at Walmart

11. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

What is pathetic is the fact people are fighting over it... even here in the UK - thanks America - you've given us a wonderful present.... :bang::bang:

[YOUTUBE]8PpJMjGYIUw[/YOUTUBE]

12. Iowan1976

I am staying home today. It is cold here today, and I have a day off of work, which is a rarity for me. So I am going to get caught up on things around the home. Plus, I need to decorate for Christmas :slight_smile:

13. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i did my first "black friday" today, not too caotic i got a laptop to replace the one the monitor gave out on last month. i wanted one with a dvd burner but it was $100 more so i bought the one on sale and got an external one at the source (radio shack) on sale and saved about $94. not bad.

14. AlamoCity

We went Black Friday Thursday shopping late at night to a Target and the lines were literally nonexistent. Maybe it was the location we went to. My mom and I like to go and browse and have fun. We've never had it like on the TV where people are fighting. Plus, we never really go for "doorbusters."

15. QueerQueen

I did go today because I wanted to see how much an xbox one would be on sale, it was only 50 off so I bought some presents instead I got them for two of my friends and my brother. All of the gifts were original price anyway, I guess my little town doesn't do it up too big. There were sales in some shops and sales out in front of stores but the things I wanted weren't. I did want to go to walmart as well, but I didn't.. ah well

16. Aaron165

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Just cut everyone

17. ChameleonSoul

Both! It's complete chaos but it's always fun to watch people almost kill each other over a few cheap baubles!

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping today though. The roads were still a mess from the snowstorm Wednesday night and by the time they were cleared all of the good deals were over with anyway.

18. LiquidSwords

Uh i'm not so shallow to think that a new coat and jeans are going to change my life in
    a significant way, but i'm not such a cynic to think that nice clothes can't improve how confident I am in certain situations. Maybe that's dull but i think every single person gives a thought to their appearance as they leave the house each day and they're probably lying if they say they don't

I don't mean, to seem like care about material things, but having a fuck off big new tv would probably make me pretty happy for a bit

Like my relationships with friends and family would still be way more important but still

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Alright, I admit it. I did take advantages of sales. Steam sales, got a bunch of games that I meant to buy anyway for half off. :slight_smile: Because tis the season with goat simulator.

20. DMark69

In the last 72 hours, I went to a store once, and bought a bag of dog food for my beagle. That was on Friday. I purposely did not buy anything on Thursday in respect for the retail employees that should not be forced to work on their holiday.