1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a lesbian relationship but attracted to guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whoami87, Nov 8, 2012.

1. whoami87

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, this is a long one, but I'll try to cut it as much as I can.

I grew up a tomboy and constantly rejected by guys. I was always the girl with a lot of guy friends but no boyfriends. Senior year of high school I was "in a relationship" for a few months with my girl best friend but we realized it was just infatuation. Flash forward a few years where I had dated and had sex with multiple guys but no relationship, one crush on a girl but nothing happened, and then I met my current girlfriend. I was instantly attracted and didn't stop pursuing, but once I officially got her it's like something inside me just said I wasn't ready. I always thought it was because I was in college and was in party mode 24/7, but lately I'm wondering if it was something else.

Anyway, we've been together for almost 4 years now and our relationship has been a rollercoaster. We've taken a break for a couple weeks a couple times. Last time we had sex was 3 months ago, and a total of about 5 times in the last year, and I hardly care. Overall, I know I need to break up with her because I don't see my future with her. In fact, I don't even see it with a woman. I see myself having a typical straight wedding and getting pregnant the old fashioned way.

Here are the things that lead me to me thinking I might be straight: I'm cheating on her with a guy (I know its wrong and I don't need a lecture please), even though my friends and family would be cool with me having a gf I'm still afraid of telling them (immediate family and some friends know), and everytime we're in public I don't like affection, even if we're surrounded by gay people I'm still uncomfortable, like its unnatural. I'm not "yay gay." When my gf talks about celebrities she'd hook up with, its girls, and if she asks my girl list, I don't have one. There's some that I think are freakin hot, but my hook up list is guys.

People ask if I'm a lesbian sometimes because I'm still a tomboy but wear girls clothes, my manurisms are guyish sometimes, and I'm really really into sports. I've already decided that if I date a guy again I will 100% be myself and if he don't like it gtfo (as opposed to before when I would try to be more of a girl and not myself).

So after all this here are my questions:

I truly have no idea what orientation I am. Any help?

When I break up with her I felt it would be better to save her the hurt and not tell her about my future thoughts with guys, as I know can be a shot to the chest for a lesbian to hear. Is this right?

I know this was poorly written so if you have questions please ask.

2. Elizabeth101

Do you think your bisexual and dont feel conftrable with being in a relationship with women or are you just straight?

3. Hot Pink

You could be heterosexual but biromantic or homoromantic. Biromantic means that you can fall in love either gender, even if you're not sexually attracted to them. Homoromantic means you can only have romantic relationships with someone of the same sex. To go further, panromantic means that you can fall in love with anyone, regardless of sex or gender.

And to answer your question preemptively: yes, it is possible to be heterosexual and homoromantic.