1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared my mum might kill herself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Colorora, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Colorora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My mother is in a relationship with an emotionally abusive and distant husband (my stepdad) and has stated 3 times in the past month that she is miserable and "wishes she would get into a car accident so she would be in less pain" she won't let me talk to her about it because I'm "so young" (which is true). She says she shouldn't say those things in front of me and its "just her feelings" but what happens when those feelings drive her to hurt herself? I don't know where to put this..

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Dammit...
    Do it now. (You sound mature to me)
    Go to your mom and tell her that you don't give a shit about what she says and stay with her as much as can.
    There's nothing worse than seeing a person you love keeping all the bad things for herself and suffering in silence.

#2 Phioo, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  3. CyanChachki

Is there any family you can reach out to? Aunts? Uncles? Any older sisters or brothers who might be able to help? Maybe reach out to some teachers or something? It might be best to write down her licence plate(s) down now (that is, if you have multiple vehicles) just in case you need to call for help and she's gone.

For now, stick around her.. maybe make her some nice things to show how much you appreciate her. If she cries, be there for her. Tell her that it doesn't matter how young you are, that it's okay to vent. Your mom needs you and you need her.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Yes. Showing appreciation is a really great thing you can do. And talking to family, possibly.
    Also, if you're feeling very stressed, it's okay to vent, on EC or elsewhere. This affects you too.

I'm sorry to hear you're in that situation.
    *hug*