1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i'm not sure

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ryanninjasheep, Jun 4, 2012.

1. ryanninjasheep

I'm an aspiring actor and one day Idecided to pretend I had a crush on a guy
    From prior experience I didn't think anything of it but soon I realized I might actually have a crush on him
    I don't have any idea if I'm gay or straight or bi because I might still be acting.

Help please

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum. I don't know how old you are, and it sort of makes a difference how I answer. If you're 15, I'd just say that you don't know yourself, and you were just getting into character really well.

These are soothing waters, and we're all at different places with self-acceptance, coming out, and evangelizing the awesomeness which is queerness.

Do you feel like you actually like guys?

3. ryanninjasheep

Ive questioned it before but never come to a conclusion

Im 11 (probably shouldnt have said that on a public forum)

4. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Welcome to EC!

Can you describe how you feel about him? Do you find him attractive? When you think about being around him and talking to him, how do you feel?

I can kind of relate to your situation. I have never been good with people and generally speaking I don't think I come across as being friendly. So shortly after getting to school last year I decided I would actually try to get to know my roommate and be friends with her because, hey, you have to start somewhere. Took me five months to figure out that my friendly "act" wasn't an act at all -- and that it wasn't normal to fantasize about staying with her all through college and then somehow bringing her along with me to grad school in another country.

5. ryanninjasheep

I think he's the prettiest person in our class (including girls)
    I'm best friends with him
    He knows about the acting and my possibly actual crush

For clarification I think I've had a crush on a girl before

6. ryanninjasheep

I'm sorry the first post sounds so much like I'm worried
    I'm not worried, just a little confused

7. Ianthe

You are very young. It's normal for these things to not be totally clear at that age. I think if you feel safe being open about your feelings like you have been, you should just keep doing that, and you will figure it out.

You are allowed to like whoever you like, which you seem to know.

If you want, you could act like you don't like him for a few days, and see if that changes anything. (Tell him what you are doing so you don't hurt his feelings, though.)

8. Bree

If you're just 11, don't sweat it. You've got years to figure yourself out. I was 15 before I realized that I could be attracted to girls, too-and it was a slow process, months of "why am I looking at her breasts? Is it just because mine are small? Is it weird to want to flirt with her? Kiss her?" before I could confirm that I was indeed "not straight"

I think that a lot of "straights" COULD be attracted to people of the same sex, but never self-reflect enough to acknowledge it. They (as I did) know that they are interested in the opposite sex, and because that is "normal", they never consider the alternatives.

The conclusion I've reached at the moment is "who cares?" Sex is sex, love is love, and exactly how important are the sex and gender of the people you fall for? You've got a lifetime of figuring that one out. Good luck!

9. ryanninjasheep

I.......................think...............I...............like him
    That's what I thought in the first place

Hmmm...

I'm going to complicate matters even more by saying he might be gay
    He knows I like him but he might not have asked me out yet because I'm so "strict" about dating before seventh grade
    He has dated a girl but she broke up with him for being "too slow"
    He wasn't very sad about that incident.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a delicate question to ask someone your age, but do you have a sense of whether you feel sexual attraction yet? In other words, do you find yourself daydreaming and thinking about pretty girls or cute boys in other than just as friends? When you walk down the street, or go to a mall or amusement park or somewhere, do you find your eyes being pulled in the direction of girls or boys? Do you look at any particular body parts of either?

A lot depends too on where you are in your physical and sexual development; some people are fairly far along with puberty at 10 or 11, and some don't start going through it until 14 or 15 or even a bit later. So if you're an "early bloomer" then it's more likely it would be clear than if you haven't really started puberty yet, or aren't very far along.

11 is a bit young to be able to have a clear answer, but there are plenty of people who know, and have come out, at your age and earlier.

11. ryanninjasheep

I guess I haven't to the extent you're describing, but I have daydreamed about people before like kissing, but I guess not "sexually" (though I wouln never actually kiss them, still too young for that)

12. ryanninjasheep

I should probably replace the "people" and "them" to "him" to make this less confusing...

13. Deaf Not Blind

"...evangelizing the awesomeness which is queerness."
    hahaha! I like that post it as a quote!!

14. Martee

Martee Guest

Don't sweat it Ninjasheep...just be an 11 year old boy. At that age (generally speaking) boys start getting "weird." Meaning that you're figuring out your body, where you stand socially amongst peers, what is appropriate and what is not, how to adjust to new grades in school, and how to just navigate life in general. MANY changes are in your future with puberty and what not so try not to let your orientation confusion fester in your mind. You are only 11 years old.

You may or may not be gay. Or maybe you're just curious...either case, just be yourself and don't think that just because you're having a "gay thought" that it means you're absolutely gay and will be gay forever. Maybe next week you'll have "straight thoughs" and that doesn't necessarily mean that you're completely straight either. What I'm trying to say is that there is no one or the other.

What Bree said...just be 11 and have fun. Don't let worry and confusion rob your childhood. You've still got one so make good use of it and enjoy it while you still can. Okay?

15. Deaf Not Blind

yeah...and when we all were joking around in fun&games and you played you were falling in love with me, then kissed me twice, and i didn't respond back as liking it, you would say you were in a corner crying.

I'm hoping in your fear or confusion about what is real or just acting in your actual life you do not have a corner you go to cry in. :frowning2:

im a grown man! i will react differently than another 11 year old. When I was 10 I started thinking about kissing, but that I'm a boy and what would out feel like to kiss a cute girl. i don't know if a boy really came up to me and planted one on my lips what id done. the shock of it and all, i guess anything is possible even just standing there.

so realize my responses, in game, online, as an adult, and as liking women may not be the same reaction as somebody who knows you, is cis-gendered, your age, and seriously likes guys.