1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure what to do right now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kiromane, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Kiromane

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Soo,,, I'm one step away from coming out, but I'm not ready to yet. Not my first time ending up in a situation of being nearly out, but I always could just find the right excuse, except don't think I can avoid it this time.

Basically, I got the courage to ask my dad for a binder, he's not really to informed on trans things, so I thought I'd be able to get it by just saying "Hey, could you buy this for me? It's just something to wear." he didn't question it, but told me that he'll buy it later because he has somewhere to go. No problem, still getting a binder without having to come out.

Here's the problem, he told my mom that I'm buying something. And if there's anything I know about my mom, it's that she wants to know everything I do or buy. And of course, she asked about it. I was ready to talk about it just being something similar to a sports bra, etc. etc.... But she wants a link to the page I'm buying from. I'm buying from gc2b, which isn't shy about the fact it's made for trans people on the page.

Should I come out? Should I just give up on getting the binder? I'm not sure what to do anymore.

2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Hi Kiromane,

Would you be able to use an excuse that a friend of yours was talking about it and recommended it? I’m not sure about the fine details but maybe you could use this as a place to start? Or if you are comfortable and ready, then maybe just come out. When I came out to a few friends, it was liberating. I knew these friends would not pass judgment though. I hope this helps!

3. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.

I am assuming from the way your post is worded that you are a minor and dependent upon your parents. I advise people that if coming out would endanger them in any way that they should not do so. If your parents might gaslight you or even possibly throw you out then you should not. If the odds of being in danger are really low then it seems that you would gain by being out.