1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm hungry yet I have no appetite

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Aptiva, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Aptiva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, I feel that this thread best fits in this forum. Secondly, I'm using my phone, so please forgive any errors.

Anyways, I'm really hungry right now but the thought of eating disgusts me. There's nothing I want to eat and when I try to eat or drink anything other than water, I won't be able to finish it after a couple of bites or sips.

This happens very often and once, just recently, I lost 3 pounds in less than a day. Any advice?

2. apostrophied

When that happens to me, I try to drink a lot of milk. Take small, frequent sips. Drinking is a lot easier than eating, that's very well known, and milk will provide you with protein, carbs, and fat (go for 2 or 3% fat content). Not to mention that ingesting something will often trigger your hunger, so sooner or later you'll probably want to eat again.

In terms of food, is there anything, really anything that you might still be interested in eating? If so, go for it, even if it's not something healthy.

Feel better soon!

3. Nick07

Do you have any idea why it is happening? Can it be a mental problem or a physical problem? Had you been ill before it started to happen? Do you know if your blood tests are OK? (lack of iron can cause it as far as I know, but there are other things too).

You can try to eat (or drink) soups, buy some nutri drinks, but you should try to find out why it is happening in the first place.