1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Getting Beat Up at School and my Friends Think It's Funny

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Plattyrex, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How I see the situation is that you have two routes to choose to solve the problem:

1) The Path of Violence: defend yourself physically next time she attacks you. However, this is risky as it could make things even worse. I have seen it works splendidly and go horribly wrong.

2) Legal route: You can get away from this without resorting to violence. Unfortunately it will require you contact the school staff and ultimately your parents will find out. And unfortunately it may mean you have to take one more beating. Don't switch schools, the victim should not have to move but the bully.

You need to start documenting what she is doing. If you still have bruises, go to the school nurse, have her write a statement describing your injuries and the likely cause. Any time the bitch bullies you write down what she did with times and dates if possible. Go talk to the principle or teacher with your evidence. If they refuse to take action threaten them with legal action and media. They are required by law to ensure your security at the school premises. Media loves stories where there is a victim and someone who they can attack. If they still don't do anything, contact a lawyer and write to a reporter. If the bitch touches you again file a police report and sue her ass.

Those "friends" don't sound like friends at all. If despite you explaining them how you feel they still don't take you seriously, ditch them. They weren't your friends in the first place.

Finally, it sounds like that you have confidence and self-esteem issues. If you can, try talking to a school psychologist about your issues. She maybe able to help gain confidence or direct you to the right path.

Please, let us know what you decide to do and how it went. If you need help with the paper work I can give you some assistance here but obviously you are ultimately responsible for yourself. I have faith in you that you can pull this off. You will feel much better and confident after dealing with this.

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I experienced something similar to this in high school, as well as watched it happen first hand.

One of my friends was getting harassed (sexually and physically) by two boys because of her looks and because she is a lesbian. She told our group of friends and they all laughed saying she was over reacting. In fact one of our 'friends' went to the boys and told them that she was talking about them and that she must love them. So during lunch they decided to corner her in the hallway as she was about to go up the stairs. They didn't expect me to be there because I was the quiet kid. She would of sat there and took it , but I got pissed and cussed them out so bad that one started crying. I was also loud enough that two of the nicer teachers exited their classrooms and looked at us. The boys never messed with me and my friend again.

The moral of the story is that you might not like violence but you mighy need to think about it to protect yourself. What this girl is doing is not okay. If she hits you hit back.
    If you really don't want to do that then you should really consider moving. Go to a place where you can make real friends who will treat you like you deserve to be treated.

3. setnyx

i agree.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This. Every word.
    You hit back, you risk going to jail... Or worse, if she falls and hits her head on the stairs, you could kill her and then end up in jail for murder. You being a man, and the victim being a woman won't get you any sympathy from any judge.
    I once hit someone, he fell and his head kicked a table. For seconds I thought I had killed the bastard, and I'll never forget what went through my mind as I was trying to determine if he was alive or not.
    Don't risk it, just don't...

#24 Michael, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  5. iamdesperate

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So everyone in here has two sides as I see, some say you should hit her back, while others say leave the school they're not your friends. So I'll do a little empathy with your friends here, if I see a boy getting hit by a girl and that girl is in the same circle of friends, I'd laugh because I would have no idea how it is for the boy getting hit by that girk. It is a serious issue you're living, but in our "modern" world, nobody would take it seriously. However, if that person comes upto me and clearly asks for help, saying that it really hurts him, then I would be more protective.

Thats the reason you should talk to your circle of friends saying clearly that you are hurt bith enotionally and physically, of course not with these words they may still think youre kidding, and that you have bruises caused by her and you should, this is very important, to tell them that THIS IS NOTHING BUT BULLYING.

If you say this very clearly and they still not seem to care, then the ones above me saying theyre not your friends are right.

#25 iamdesperate, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  6. Kirua

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being a fourteen-year-old with little to no experience, I can't backup any of my advice. But, upon reading this and going through the comments, it got increasingly harder to be quiet about it. Sorry to take up your time. Plenty of what I've said has most likely already been said, so, again, sorry in advance for likely wasting your time.

Firstly, I believe effectively planning out the best routes to take in order to avoid confronting her on the way to classes, during lunch or whenever else she would use the time to beat you up, could be helpful. Hang around the bigger crowds if you can; I doubt she'd beat you up, at least not as seriously, in a populated or crowded area. I don't know her personally, nor am I familiar with the layout of your school, so I'm not sure if any of this would work out, but I thought it was worth suggesting, at least.

Secondly, I don't think you should fight back. The way she reacts to your verbal resistance seems to provide enough reason to most definitely avoid physical confrontation. Especially if she is bigger and stronger than you in build. From what you've said, you aren't an aggressive person anyway, and I'm pretty sure she would be able to sense that if you were to actually lash out. That being said, I'm not in complete disagreement-- if a situation pops up in which you feel the need to physically harm her, I'm not saying it's the dumbest idea. I'm just not a violent human. Sorry if saying this frightened you?

Thirdly, please tell someone. Please. I can actually kind of grasp how your friends would find this funny or not take this so seriously. I'm not saying it isn't serious; it is. From your friends perspective, however, it's almost understandable. Desperately, I plead that you stress the seriousness of the situation to them as much as you possibly can. If this is affecting your mental state (as well as your physical state), then it needs to be addressed. You aren't overreacting. Don't back down when or if they say you are. Please don't feel ashamed or belittled. They need to understand. But if they can't, then go to your parents or confront the bullies parents and inform them of what she's been doing to you. You have the proof littered all over your body, and if that isn't enough, try to get footage of it. Show your teachers or the principal. I find it infuriating how you have to be in such an utterly crap situation and how your friends are handling it.

Fourthly, you're amazing. Personally, I think you are. I wouldn't be able to go to school ever again if I was experiencing this. I'd be frightened and I'd feel (possibly blindly) betrayed. I love how you value your long friendships and care enough not to throw them away (granted, if you're not happy with these friendships, please do actually rid them from your life as soon as possible). Depending on where you live and how meaningful these friendships are, I don't think moving schools always leads to losing or abandoning your current friends. I wish I was able to give you advice in which you could apply that would help you out, instead I think I went on more of a rant... I am sorry. This is quite long. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read it.

I apologize if I ever offended you. I think I got a little heated and may have said some offensive things or made rude assumptions. If so, I'm really, really sorry for it!

#26 Kirua, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  7. Plattyrex

Your comment didn't waste my time, it was actually very reassuring. Based on everyone elses comments I was starting to think I was wrong for wanting to stay friends, so thank you. :slight_smile:

8. Plattyrex

I think my mom knows I'm getting hit. She keeps asking me how things at school are going and she's getting increasingly irritated when I tell her it's fine. I don't think she believed my story about the black eye either. I have bruises all over my arms and stomach so I have to stay completely covered up at all times, but if she even sees a glimpse of anything than she's going to find out and everything will be ruined. Does anyone know any good ways of making bruises go away quicker?

9. Really

Rex, you need to let her help you. What if it was reversed and someone was hitting her? Wouldn't you want to do everything you could to stop it?

Please, please let her help you. What if you're in a staircase one day and this bully knocks you over and you hit your head falling down the stairs? This has to stop and it's going to take more than you just trying to avoid her.

If not your mom, find one staff member who is sympathetic to tell. And if that doesn't work, tell your mom.

10. Plattyrex

I really can't tell my mom. I still have almost 2 weeks to think of something before break is over, so I'll hopefully be able fix this on my own. I won't even have to worry about getting seriously hurt if I can find a way to avoid her, so really I wouldn't say I need to tell anyone. There's still a chance I can figure it out on my own and then I'll be fine. If I end up getting hurt badly then I'll HAVE to tell someone, bjt as it is right now I just kinda don't want to.

11. TonberryKing

TonberryKing Guest

It depends on the state and the circumstances, doesn't it?

I'm reminded of a case in the US where a 14yo was absolved of homicide because his "victim" was his bully and the judge ruled he had reason to believe his life was in jeopardy when he took his bully's life.

#31 TonberryKing, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  12. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Why cannot you tell your mother?

13. Plattyrex

Because I've already put up with a lot of bullying from the same person and I think if I tell my mom I'm still getting picked on she'll make me switch schools.

14. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Then explain her that it's the bully who is supposed to move, not the victim. If you still have bruises and other visible damage and if you got friends to testify on your behalf, you got a really strong case to force the school to kick the bully out.

15. Justinian20

Plattyrex, I think that you need to look at your friends and see if they are really your friends or are they just acquaintances, I hate how your friends are just laughing at you when you tell them you are getting physically attacked by a girl. Now I can see why they might find it funny. Because you a male is getting beat up by a female. That doesn't normally happen according to them.
    Have you tried telling someone, threaten that you will go to someone and tell them and then just do it. I did this when 2 boys teased and made fun of me. I threatened to tell the school and because I specifically stated sexual harassment, they stopped and begged me not to tell the school. so try to tell someone about it.

16. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Report her. Now. As a couple posters said, someday this will escalate. Hun, the fact is someday this girl might be a little crankier than usual, and she might just have a knife.
    That sounds harsh, but it's true. People can snap at any time.

Tell the police, tell your principal, tell your mother. This is SERIOUS, and she should have been suspended for her actions already.

As for your friends, I believe that's what we would call a toxic relationship.

#36 RavenTheRat, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  17. Plattyrex

I told on her last time she was giving me a hard time. She wasn't assaulting me like she is now, but it was bad. I don't want to go into details because it's an extremely humiliating subject matter, but it was emotionally scarring for me and it's kind of left me with a sense of vulnerability that isn't showing any sign of going away and is really only getting worse with this ordeal. Here's the thing though. She wasn't punished at all for what she did. All she really got was an extremely informal 'don't do bad stuff to this kid anymore or something' which clearly hasn't been enforced at all. And it took almost a month and we had to threaten legal action before the school even acknowledged that she had wronged me. I have no confidence that telling on her will lead to anything but me leaving the district, and I don't want to do that. She's well aware that I won't tell and I think she's pretty confident with the idea that she won't even get in trouble if I do.

18. Plattyrex

Okay, she has my personal email address for some reason. I think I need to tell someone.

19. Really

Did she send you something threatening?

Please tell someone and show them the email.

20. Plattyrex

She didn't threaten me or anything, it was just a link to an image. I didn't open the picture but I blocked her immediately. I don't know or care what the picture was, I just want to know how she got my personal email address. I know for a fact that I never gave that to her.