1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bisexual but being with a guy has never felt right.. confused???

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by littleone, Jul 23, 2013.

1. littleone

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi guys :slight_smile: so I'm a 20 year old girl and I've liked boys and girls since I can remember. So far I've only been more than friends with guys and I've only slept with one guy but I've never had a real relationship. I've never done anything with a girl because I just don't know any bi/lesbian girls which drives me CRAZY. I've always been sexually attracted to females but I didn't get my first real emotional feelings for one until I was 19. Identify as bisexual but I really want a girlfriend so so so bad. Throughout my life whenever a guy has asked me out it just hasn't felt right, even when I visualize myself in a relationship with a man it doesn't feel right but picturing myself in a relationship with a girl seems perfect and comfortable. It's got to the point where perfectly nice guys ask me out on dates and I just reject them because I'd rather date a girl. I don't know whether I feel this way because I've never been with a girl and I want to so bad so I prefer them or if it's because I'm really just a lesbian? But then I think, surely if I was a lesbian I would have had emotional feelings for girls way earlier and I wouldn't be sexually and emotionally attracted to guys. I know sexuality is fluid, but I really feel better when I can identify with a label so I can understand things better. I'm just confused, what do you guys think? I just don't know what the hell is going on :bang:

2. hilltophouse

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Kind of sounds like you're bisexual, but haven't met a guy you clicked with romantically, or a girl you clicked with sexually yet. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. It's difficult to picture yourself in a relationship with anyone until you meet them and like them, so I wouldn't worry too much. Similarly, meeting a girl that you're into sexually is more difficult (for me anyway) because there are fewer girls than guys who make themselves sexually available to you, and flirt etc. I don't think this means anything one way or the other.

EDIT:

RE rejecting guys because you'd rather date a girl. I'm kind of in the same place at the moment. For me it's the fact that I've never seriously dated a girl, and kind of feel I need to before I can feel completely comfortable with that side of my sexuality. Guys will just have to take a backseat for a while until I figure things out with the ladies.

#2 hilltophouse, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  3. StormySea

Eh don't bother fiddling over labels- they're a bit of a mess. xD
    Because you do have a thing for boys but a preference for girls, I think that you would probably class as biromantic homosexual (essentially someone who is romantically interested in both men and women, but who would rather sleep with girls exclusively)
    But labels are only a way for other people to get an idea about you!

I call myself bisexual, but for me that just means 'into chicks but open-minded'. ;D