1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were stuck on an island with a straight guy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by puppy1000, Sep 22, 2013.

1. My "straight" side would kick in and I'd seduce him too. But I'd prob secretly be hoping that I could meet a girl somewhere...

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was wondering the same thing and this is why I didn't come out as lesbian to them because I don't want to make other bi people mad at me . I guess i can't win for losing

3. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, too late, u already told people a sexual and romantic attraction that u dont have, well, just tell them ur les, it's better to not lie than to make bisexuals happy

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm really sorry terry I did not know at the time I guess I'll have to re comeout to everyone
    when i told my friend at the job yesterday that i thought I was bi and found out I"m lesbian she asked how the hell does that happen I had to explain everything

5. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    http://m.quickmeme.com/img/f3/f3954f686389ad0be9666da7b89bab4f75e6cc846191cd209c283c2264e9a623.jpg

Im a 22 years old virgin... If we start counting since i was 13 years old that is 9 years of involuntary celibacy, and never i had considered having anything with a guy...so ... I dont think i would get desparate enought to "temporarily changin orientation"... Also the hope of building a boat or getting rescued could mantaing me stable...

You might say that"but the chances of that succeding are very small" ... Well yes, but is not like the hopes of losing virginity soon are very high :lol:

Also, i will ask you something guys... If you where stuck in an island with a straight girl do you think you would get desperate enought to have something with her :lol:

Well i think this depend on the guy... I have seen some gay guys are disgusted by the opposite sex while others are indiffirent, maybe some straight guys are indifferent to having sex with other guys, i dont know...

6. Waffles

I would say that, if anything, the most I'd do is probably cuddle and stuff (after all who doesn't enjoy a good cuddle every once in a while?). I mean, if it's just him and I and there's NO CHANCE OF ESCAPE then I'd rather not make him mad and have to live in isolation for a long time if not forever (in case he decides to calm down and apologize...). Now, if *he* is the one asking *me* for a sexual favor, then I guess that changes how I'd react. But I'm not gonna expect things to come to that.

This is an interesting alternate scenario... I like it. I still think the same would mostly apply though. Wouldn't go any further than cuddling, but wouldn't make a sexual move on her. If she were to ask me for anything more than cuddling, I would have to politely tell her that I'm not into girls like that.

Regardless of guy or girl in this situation... if I've successfully gone for almost 18 years without losing "it" then I highly doubt I'd give it up to someone I have no intention of putting a ring on their finger~

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know about Stocking situation, but the people I knew that were coming out for the first time, and that came out as bi, weren't doing it to make bisexuals happy. They were doing it mainly to make straight people less unhappy, particulary if your a girl. Some ignorant straight people think bi is like a lite version of gay.

I know this question was originally directed to males, but since I'm here anyway, I had a similar question asked of me in college. One of my straight roommates (who didn't know I was a lesbian) was reading a magazine, and asked, "If you were stuck on a desert island with just one guy, would it be Brad Pitt or Matthew McConaughey, which would you choose?" I told her neither, they weren't my type. She looked at me kinda wierd and asked, "What kind of guy is your type?" Since it was a college in a tolerant area of the country, and I thought I was free to express myself without fear of physical abuse or rape, I said, "A guy with feminine features. A guy with shapely legs, nice tits, and a vagina." I should have had a camera when I said it. :lol:

So she then asked, "Well, what if it was just a guy?" I said maybe a totally gay guy, but if he tried to do me I'd have to get rid of him. Even if he was bigger and stronger than me, he's gotta sleep sometime. She then said, "So you'd never even consider having sex with a guy, ever? You'd just go without it, or let the poor guy go without it?" That pissed me off, the poor guy thing. I said, "Hey, he's got two hands just like I do. If he wants to fantasize about me while he's doing it, well, it probably wouldn't be the first time some guys done that." I then told her if it bothers the guy that much, he could channel all that sexual energy into helping me build something to get off that island.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2014 at 10:49 AM ----------

I exceeded my time limit to edit the post, wanted to add:

When I told my straight guy friend this, I asked him the same question. He said if he wasn't rescued in a reasonable amount of time, he'd try to build a raft. He said he's gone without sex for a year at a time, part of the time during his marriage. He had an opportunity to have sex with a female soldier who came onto him but he never cheated on his wife when he was overseas, even though he found out later that she might've been cheating on him. He's never been confused about his sexuality. He's not homophobic, and thinks if that's your thing, whatever makes you happy, gay, lesbian, bi, whatever, it just doesn't feel right to him personally to do with a guy. I used to feel the same way he did, about doing it with a guy.

8. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    why do u not want to do it with a guy, if ur sexually attracted to both sexes. is it that u're are sexually and romantically attracted to both sexes, but chose to date girls only because of social reasons?

9. kem

kem

If I were stuck on an island with a straight guy, he wouldn't stay straight for long...

I'm not too sexual, so if it was reversed I probably wouldn't think about sex that much and I'd be happy with a celibate life.

#109 kem, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  10. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I were stuck on a deserted island with a guy who was straight...I would probably be more concerned about survival and getting off the island.

11. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You heard of prison? Straight guys cannot go without sex.

Just give him time...

Time; This thing all things devours:
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel;
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats high mountain down. [Answer]

12. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    This is a really interesting topic to me...

I think its really hard to say from a gay perspective, because in a reverse scenario, i know for sure that i would NOT have sex with a girl. I havent had sex with anyone ever, and i dont feel the need to any time soon, but the idea of having sex with a girl actively disgusts me, and i dont even feel the need to masturbate often, so i could truthfully say that i could take care of myself if stranded on an island and would be more focused on getting off the island tbh.

But with this idea, i think we have to assume its a typical male. Some guys may or may not have sex with me. I think id let the offer be known, -- if you want to have sex with me, or any sort of relation --- cuddling, hugging, blowjobs... whatever it is,
    I'm open for it.

If they come around for it, hurray, but if they dont i think id be fine with that. If they came around to it, i dont think it necessarily means that a guy is partially bisexual, or even truly attracted to men -- just that sex is a necessity for some men and i respect that.

Maybe as gay men, of those posted, we are less sex craved than the "stereotypical male" ? Idk, don't want to make any speculations on the implications of this theoretical experiment xD

I just know that I trust myself more than other people, and i know i wouldnt and couldnt have sex with a girl, but as for the other guy on the island? Who's to tell.

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I always wondered...what if those people are actually closet cases and they use the excuse "oh, there arent any women here" so they can release their desires without coming out?

14. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Basically, I'd be fine jerking off by myself, I've done it up til now so whatevs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My general theory is if they want it, they'll come to you. Take the opportunity if it presents itself, but don't try and force the situation. I think that a fair number of straight people, men or women, and gay people, men or women are "situationally pansexual", if that's an acceptable phrase. Personally, I find it damn near impossible now to consider sex with a woman, but stuck on an island for ages with nothing but my hand? Eventually, I guess I could do it. Same with straight people.

15. C P

C P

Some of them may very well be, or discover it, but they could just be very sexual and figure at some point they're going to have to settle if there are no other options and their hands aren't enough.

This post below is a good perspective.

This is something interesting but would depend on how sexual they are I guess as well. I've seen a post here not too long ago that actually implied this(i forget who); the guy had himself labeled as gay yet mentioned that he's gotten horny enough where women started becoming more attractive.

Although...others like him could have had the attraction all along and just been close to a 6(referring to that whole scale thing or whatever).

#115 C P, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  16. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When he gets horny enough, he won't "straight" any more.

17. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

18. Beantown

Beantown Guest

I'd get on him so I wouldn't be alone, I'm sad like that...

19. Maea96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    like what happens in prison with straight males, they just can't take it anymore in the end. They will crave some kind of sexual action with a human being, that being straight doesn't stop their lust anymore. I'd wait him out until he'd need it :slight_smile:

20. terry chen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone