1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were NOT LGBTQ, how LGBTQ phobic will u b?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Aug 2, 2015.

?

If you were NOT LGBTQ, how LGBTQ phobic will u b?

1. Very phobic

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Mostly phobic

5 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Somewhat phobic

27 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. Not at all phobic

66 vote(s)
    65.3%
  1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had and still have homophobic parents and raised in a very strict household and was taught sex ed by Focus on the Family books. :frowning2: I am also ashamed to say that I voted against same sex marriage in 2006, but it was more of a way to hide myself and overcompensate. I would never outright bully or commit a hate crime, but I would almost for sure be mostly phobic.

2. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i wouldnt be because i dont believe on any sort of phobia against lgbtqa+ o cis/straight people. its the same if lgbt people were to discriminate against ciz/straight people.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Probably not much different in terms of sexuality. As for the... other thing... well, I'd have more focus and thoughts to spend elsewhere, which may make a difference.

What made me start changing myself wasn't really either of those, though they may have played a minor role. I'd just take folks as they come, and individually go from there.

4. thetruthurts88

Probably would have been very homophobic, and a womanizer. I have always been pulled by macho ideals, so if it weren't for being gay, I think I would have been a full blown douche for sure.

5. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not at all. You see, before I discovered my gender, I identified as straight and cisgender, but I was a passionate ally!

6. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can't imagine that I would be homophobic given the attitudes of my parents and friends, and the overall accepting climate of the area I grew up in.

7. MouseKeeper

As homophobic as a lawn mower.

8. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Even when I thought I was straight, I was never homophobic. My family taught me that some people are gay or bisexual and that there is nothing wrong with them.

9. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I always found it sweet that two people of the same sex could be attracted to each other and fall in love... I was in the past very uncomfortable with any form of sexuality in general, but straight sex for some reason probably disturbed me more than gay sex so... I mean, it is kinda weird if you think really hard about it. :lol:

Anyway, I wasn't homophobic before I discovered that I was trans, it seemed to me a natural part of life and I felt very comfortable about it.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even before I realized my sexuality I was in favor of LGBTQ equality.

11. CyanChachki

I wouldn't be, I'm sure of it. As slightly phobic as my parents are, they're not anywhere near a true phobic person's mindset. I wouldn't pick up on that and if anything, I would be an ally. Though I must admit that there's a chance that I wouldn't be as involved with LGBTQ+ rights as I am now.

12. Wolf of The Baltic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Putting my bias aside, I would be a little homophobic. I would never do anything rash and stupid, but as long as they didn't bother me I wouldn't bother them.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not very; it's rare for even relatively covert homophobia to be let slide at my school and in my area in general.

I do, however, fear that I would lack some of the basic knowledge on the mentality of social stigmatisation that I have felt thanks to my sexuality and that I would not have developed the ability to better emphasise with other people and groups as a result.

14. Kat 5

None. No lie bro. 4Real.

15. PrettyPurple

I don't think I'd be LGBTQ phobic. I used to be because my family is very religious, and I was always told gay = pervert and pedophile. But one day I was watching America's Got Talent and there was this guy, and he said he's gay and I was confused, because he seemed really nice and funny and not at all like I've always been told gay people are. So I started reading about it and it started being normal to me, a bit like I always knew there was nothing wrong with it, my mind just switched. I also started reading about trans people and also changed my mind, it just seemed so wrong to me to tell someone all the stupid things like "you chose to be this way change!!!" and whatever else people say. That was before I realised I wasn't a straight girl so I think I'd be an ally.

16. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My approach to people is pretty much don't cause harm and don't make me uncomfortable. When there's so many problems in the world much more pressing like poverty, crime, and health, and I have so many of my own problems, it's just hard to care. Some people seem to distract themselves from all that pain by making targets of others, though.

I've had coffee with strangers on campus where all three of us were different political parties and I was comfortable with that. I don't see why LGBTQ would be different.

17. candyjiru

my family is the "just don't flaunt it around me" type (but if you dig a little deeper its much stronger T.T) so I would probably be indifferent... :/

18. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family are 100% open and supportive and I have never heard a bad word from them about it so I can only assume that I would be the same and would most likely be a Straight Ally.

We never know how our different experiences would change us, we can only work on assumptions but I would really hope that I would not be a close minded person :slight_smile:

19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I's still be an empathic, slightly autistic nerd, so not at all.

20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pretty phobic and such myself. Very closeted and a lot of internal self loathing. I was never one to call someone a faggot or insult them to their face but I used gay and tranny as a pejorative... something I regret to this day.

This social brainwashing was what kept me in the closet so long I think...