1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it be?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Delirious, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Foxface

Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

not a thing

I have messed up. I have hurt people. I have learned hard lessons

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: If you could travel back in time and change something you said/did. What would it

Where do I start?

3. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I would probably tell myself to open up more, instead of holding things inside

4. BelleFromHell

I wouldn't have been such an ass in elementary school, so my mom wouldn't have started homeschooling me... :frowning2:

5. Weekender

I don't know. I believe everything I've experienced has had a purpose, and I've learned a lot from all my screw-ups. Kinda wish I hadn't punched my friend in 4th grade, but then I wouldn't have realized I needed to find a healthy outlet to release stress.

6. Colours

I've been thinking about something in particular that I want to go back into time for to change. Not because I regret it necessarily, but because I want to find out what difference it has made in my life.

You see I got hit by a car three years ago. I'm lucky to have survived. And I sometimes philosophize about how different my life would have been if it hadn't happened. If I had only checked whether it was safe to cross the road. It boggles my mind that something so small can have such a great impact on someone and someone's life. It gets me wondering sometimes.

#26 Colours, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  7. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

At first this made me think of various situations that went wrong, but now that I'm reconsidering it....
    Nothing.
    Although I might regret some stupid things I've done(OK, many stupid things), if I changed them, I wouldn't be who I am right now. Though I know there are so many things that make me imperfect, so many of those things are what make me me. And that's why I'd rather not change even the things I deeply regret.
    I wouldn't change even the fact that I've been drinking. The fact I've been very offensive(and even violent) towards some people. Anything. Cos I wouldn't be exactly who I am right now.

Okay, there's one thing that I would change. I would've done more sports during the last ten years! :lol:

8. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's up to you, no pressures :wink:
    :O that sounds... Hard
    I have to say it. I love this answer
    :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

9. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Knowing what I know now? Come out and transition in college about 10 years ago.

10. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Nothing.

Everything that I failed or succeeded in contributed to the awesome person I am today.

People might question why I wouldn't take back all the things that got me into trouble in my school years and the simple answer is: I learned from those mistakes and if I didn't, I probably would not be where I am today (or have the same amount of respect toward people that I have now.)

11. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wouldn't have sold my house in Los Gatos, CA, which would now be worth well over a million dollars.

12. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Convince your parents to start buying you college textbooks. You are absolutely smart enough to begin teaching yourself college-level mathematical, chemical, and engineering principles. No reason not to start now. Yes, you heard what I told you - despite all your claims to the contrary you're going to settle on engineering anyways. Get used to it. :lol:

Although, I should say, chemical engineering. It'll appeal to you much more than bland stuff like mechanical or electrical, do look into it. :wink:

Start looking into colleges immediately. Look for professors you get along with, so that it will be easier to find a mentor. Don't just blow it off like I did. Don't be afraid of Butte, either...its little quirks and drinking culture are going to appeal to you one day. :lol:

Try to talk your parents into leaving that hellish little town - heck, they're going to leave eventually anyways. And trust me when I tell you, if you knew what awaited should you not leave, you'd be immensely grateful for not having to experience it. Get out now.

#32 Browncoat, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  13. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What the...? Hahahaha, wrong thread?

14. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

No... that's what would tell myself if I went back in time, say to around 15 or so.

15. Illus1

I think he was talking to himself in the third person in the past.

Browncoat seriously, I am in Chem Eng. and I am glad my parents didn't buy me books of college stuff in HS lol it was good to learn it just where I should in college and not before.

16. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

^ Heh, call me arrogant but I think could have completed at least the first and maybe the second year-level classes in my high school years. :lol:

No harm in starting early. (as I say that, though... god I'm going to be such a pressure-packed parent, should I ever be one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

17. Cass

I wouldnt have let my first sexual experience be with the crappy guy it was with and i would never have come out

18. Delirious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ups? :icon_redf

19. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Back in December I messaged this incredibly gorgeous guy who lives near me and was shocked when he actually replied. He wanted to go on a date but I turned him down because I didn't think it would be fair to him since I'm not out. Deep down I think I did the right thing, but I've regretted it every day since. If I could go back and do it again I probably would have taken that chance.

20. robotman

I think I would go back to when I started high school... I would pretty much change everything from there, I should have had more fun and not be so uncomfortable about who I was or how I was feeling, I secluded myself from so many friendships. I was actually quite popular, like I could of hanged around pretty much anyone but I just secluded myself completely from the ages of like 14-19... I think that it would have really helped and I would be in a better place now!