1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if you could go back in time....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Dec 29, 2012.

?

would you go back in time?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. no

18 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. maybe

14 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. ok455

I would go back to High School and go to College straight after instead of wasting time.

2. starfish

That is why my time machine is equipped with paradox absorbing crumple zones.

3. Emberstone

there is two things: firstly, I would go to conneticuit, and warn the authorities on december 12th that there is a troubled young man who is suffering from mental problems who is talking about possibly shooting up the school his mother works at.

then, having built up karma to spend, I would go to my apartment and make out with myself, cause I am weird like that.

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

please explain how those function; my time travel novel never leaves the plotting phase cause I keep hitting the dreaded paradox. they are getting smaller, and less dramatic with each incarnation of the idea, but still, annoying as hell!

4. MatthewJS

Yes so i could tell my family i was gay sooner... in 4th grade.

5. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I would. I think there are many things I probably would have done differently.

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I would never want to go back in time. I think all our experiences leading up to this moment make us into the people that we are. So if i went back to change something, everything after that would change too. And who knows where I would be today, I may have missed out on meeting certain people in my life. I'm happy with where I am now, and knowing the people that I do.

7. prism

It's actually something I think about a lot. Maybe I would have worked harder in high school... but I also had a blast in high school, so I wouldn't want any of that to change.

I voted no. I worked hard to be where I am today. :slight_smile:

8. MixedNutz

I would have saved my friend from committing suicide and told him I'm going rugh the same struggle...

I also would have put glass doors on my closet...

9. IanGallagher

I'm tempted to say yes. I ignored life for the most part. I almost had the sweetest boyfriend a guy could ask for a year ago when I lived in LA, but then messed things because I wasn't ready yet to accept my feelings for him. So I moved back to the suburbs at Christmas time, one thing led to another, and I'm now close to moving to my dream city NYC and being an out 'bisexual' screenwriter (of which, I don't know any at this time at least lol). So, would I go back? I've thought about it, seeing/thinking where things would have led with him - but, if I did? I'd also not be where I am today. It's a sacrifice, definitely, but as said - maybe I'll get lucky and meet him again some day, but for now? I'm happy just entertaining and inspiring children a world round with my films. If you have a gift, you gotta share it.

10. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The period between 1999 and 2008 was the worst of my life, but now I've reached so many nice milestones that I'm afraid to ruin the few good things I've achieved. Perhaps not unlike the shift in my feelings toward death: during those dreaded years I considered suicide many times, but now that my life is getting interesting, I've realized I'm becoming more and more scared of death.

11. julia

I wish I could've tried harder in middle and high school.

12. SkyDiver

Nope. Wouldn't change a thing.

13. Hexagon

There is nothing in my life that I could fix or change positively by going back in time. Sure, there are things I'd like to change, but I can hardly alter my sex chromosomes. Now travelling to the future... that is something I'd like. Perhaps to avoid the economic collapse that I anticipate will occur in the next thirty years, and the utter destruction of this planet's ecosystem and environment.

14. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*) Awww...that breaks my heart!

I guess I would go back before I started messing around with the last guy I was with...before he could do what he did to me...before he hurt me-physically and emotionally. That time with him was the biggest mistake of my adult life.

#54 LEZmis4, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012