1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you caught your lover cheating would you AUTOMATICALLY leave them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Aug 20, 2015.

?

If you caught your lover cheating would you AUTOMATICALLY leave them?

1. YES

53 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. NO

14 vote(s)
    13.5%
  3. Depends on the person and situation

37 vote(s)
    35.6%
  1. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Yes. If this person has gotten to the point where we're in an established relationship then that means that they've passed so many layers and walls that I've put up so they know the real me. And so at that point, they knowingly went behind my back and cheated on me when they could've just come up to and say, 'Hey, I don't think I'm satisfied.." or whatever and we could sort things out. But no.
    They decide to take that path so I would just end the relationship once I found out. I don't trust easily and once that trust is betrayed, then I feel nothing for that person. Anything that we might have had just ends so even if the person was genuinely sorry, I couldn't continue to be with them because any feelings I once had for them are completely gone.

2. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It depends on the situation... e.g if it was just a stupid one night stand i would forgive them.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With a few exceptions, I would leave them. I tell people point blank that I am monogamous. I made it clear to my ex before we had sex, "Look, if you want to get with another guy and don't want me, tell me. Then break it off with me."

The stakes are far too high for you to continue to sleep with me while cheating on me. I'd obviously be pissed you are into another guy/gal, but I will take that much better before the fact then after the fact.

4. Nikky DoUrden

I never been in a relationship so I might not grasp why its horrible for someone im with to be with someone else, so i picked the third one.
    Plus what does 'cheating' means ?
    People can 'cheat' u in many ways does it mean u'll leave them for any kind of cheating ?

5. Van

Van

Yes! No question about that.

This is how it will most likely go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

If someone would to ever cheat on me, I'd just tell them to pack their stuff & leave. But I'd probably move too because I wouldn't want to stay at a place with that memory engraved in a home I find peace in.

7. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends on how attractive the 'other person' is - a threesome might be in order.

Otherwise, I'd have to seek out revenge - I'd tamper with the brakes of one of their cars, and when I see on the news that two individuals perished in a 5-vehicle incident on the motorway, I'll know that my plan succeeded. Either that or I'd plant cocaine in their suitcases when the next time they go abroad - hopefully to Indonesia where they will be executed via firing squad, or at the very least spend the rest of their lives in a squalid prison cell.

All of the above is a joke.. probably. :wink:

#67 imnotreallysure, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  8. SonicBoom

Loved all your animated gifs. Especially the one with the pink hair and the excuse me

#68 SonicBoom, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  9. andimon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I'd try to sort things out and understand what led to that. If it was just a non-emotional affair due to some (more than a few) shots of tequila then I might be able to forgive. But no, I'll never be the one dumping. (I'd also be less mad if he cheated me with a woman than with a man)

10. CyanChachki

Of course I would. If a person can't love me enough to tell me that something's missing and that they need that to be happy, if they can't be mature enough to sit me down and have a real discussion about what's making them unhappy, then they don't deserve me. They don't deserve a relationship.

11. DanDan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would only leave him automatically for 3 reasons:
    1)They pull out the cheating card.
    2)They pull out the open relationship card.
    3)Domestic abuse.

12. QueerQueen

Depends what they did, if they slept with someone else or fell in love with someone else yes I would leave them even if they loved me too because I won't compete for someone and I shouldn't have to. I don't share and I could not forgive someone for sleeping with someone else especially when I have a high sex drive lol sorry but id be saying bye super quick. Kissing, cuddling, flirting and so on I could forgive if they were honest about it.

13. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I don't really care if my lover sees other people whilst dating me, I just wouldn't like that they kept it a secret. I'd discuss it with them first.

14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always think it's strange when people say they would do anything AUTOMATICALLY in a relationship. My partner and I have built a life together over seventeen years. I don't do anything automatically with that--I'm not saying nothing could break us up but it would be a well-considered negotiation, not automatic. If I came home and there was a dead hooker in our bed I'd still want to hear his take on how it all went down.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd like to be able to say, "Yes," but there would probably be a lot of toing and froing on my side. Why did they do it? How long was it going on for? Are they sorry for what they did? In general, someone who cheats is likely to do it again, so it probably wouldn't be a good sign, but I think it's more common in monogamous, long-term relationships than we might like to consider, so time and boundaries would also play a part.

16. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my automatic reaction would be 'Get out', but that's normal - when you're angry, upset and flustered, you don't think clearly.

After time to calm down, I'd talk things over and listen to what he has to say. The only automatic deal breaker for me would be child abuse. Even killing could be forgiven or understood depending on the circumstances involved.

#76 imnotreallysure, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  17. candyjiru

Pretty much, yes. One of my first relationships, I caught my bf making out with my best friend in the library...

Bff: I'm worried she will catch us...
    Bf: Pft, her? She's too stupid to catch us.
    *make out*
    Me: ........... Hey~ never talk to me again. I hope you're both happy together, because you obviously belong together. Trash goes with trash.

Didn't put up with it in 6th grade, not going to put up with it now. XD;;;;;

18. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't have a de facto lover. Problem solved.

20. Hizaki

This, this, this, and this.