1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If these are the syptoms, what's the problem?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by myra, Dec 1, 2008.

1. myra

Thank you. All of you for your support.

2. MedGuy211

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We're all here for you Myra. I'm glad to hear that your ex is willing to go through this with you. It sounds like you've thought about it and you've made the choice that's right for you. That's all that matters.

3. myra

Its still really hard for me to face the fact that I am killing my baby. Its about 6 to 6 1/2 weeks along already. The abortion will hopefully be in about another week. I already love this child with my entire being.

I'm looking at it as if it has a terminal illness diagnosed today where it only has a week left. I'm going for an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm going to get a picture, but not look at it till after the abortion. The father is going to hold onto it till I'm ready. I'm planning going through the greiving process step by step. I"m going to form a relationship between me and my child this week: talk to it every day and sing to it and tell it about its wonderful daddy and everything I can in the next week. Then after the procedure, I'm going to bury the picture, a baby blanket, and a letter telling it how much I love it, since I won't be able to bury it. I want to have a little grave for its honor and memory so its spirit will know that it is loved beyond all comprehension.

I think if I look at it this way, copeing might be a little easier. If i see it as a natural death, as the abortion as turning its life support so it won't have to suffer in life A form of...euthanasia. Any thoughts on this? Is it wrong of me to want to do this for my baby? I want to keep it, but I know I am not ready and its life would be a miserable existence. I just want to honor its memory. I love it so very very much and want it to be remembered.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh Myra....you post made me cry. Have you talked with your parents about this at all? If you were my daughter, I'd want to know. I'd want to be there by your side no matter what choice you made.

As far as the grief, you do what you need to do. There is no right way or wrong way to grieve. (*hug*)

5. Davey

Well don't forget your friends are here! I know it may seem like I don't care at times but thats not it. I just really never went through this with a friend before. But, I'm here. Don't forget. I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to or just to sit with for a few hours.

:slight_smile:

6. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

I think that you are making the best decision for you. I know that many girls in this situation would have no idea what to do. And being undecided is a horrible feeling. I think your plan to honor this baby are legit, I think you will be able to get some closure from it.
    It's good that your ex is being supportive right now and know that there are many people on EC that support you too 100%. I think it's a good thing that you are continuing your education.

Btw made me cry too (and I'm sitting in the library and this guy keeps staring at me)

(*hug*)(*hug*)(&&&)(&&&)(*hug*)

7. myra

My mom does know. I told her a few hours after I took the tests that came back positive. She doesn't agree with my decision, but wants to go with me when i get it done to make sure i come out of it alright. She's also talking about finding me a counselor to talk to after its done.

I haven't told her about my idea yet for the memorial. When i've got it figured out what I want to do, I will. Its daddy is trying not to think of it as a baby (i think to comfort him), but tonight he asked me to call it "our baby." I've gotten into the habit of calling it "my baby." But he agrees that he doesn't want our baby to be forgotten. I don't know if he will add anything to the little box that I'll bury after its done, but he's happy I'm doing something to remember it by. I just don't want it to feel like its not wanted. Because, if i had the means and the right kind of family to raise it up in, I would. But I'm not going to make the first 4 or 5 years of its life misery and hope it forgives me later.

So instead, I've been sitting here talking to it, (i've called it baby doll since i don't know the sex and all i can think of is a pair of big, brown, wide eyes looking up at me with all this imformation i'm giving it.) all night and it every minute detail i can. I cry alot too. Try not to, but it happens. None of this seems real though. And I feel kinda silly talking to this little buldge on my stomach, not knowing if it can hear me or not. But if it can, i hope it knows i love it.

8. EM68

I think you are making the right choice for yourself. I believe that its the woman's choice to make. I'm glad you have the support of your former bf. Hopefully he will be there for you in the coming weeks as you may need support. My thoughts are with you. (*hug*)(*hug*)

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That's good Myra, I'm glad your mom knows and is going with you. You know I believe in reincarnation. I believe your little baby will come back to you at a better time in your life. Maybe this happened because you have something to learn from it. I'm also happy your mom is arranging some counseling for you. (*hug*)

10. ElizabethAnne

Honey,
    I just wanted to ask how you are doing? I hope that everything is alright. I got pregnant about a year ago, as an accident, and didn't know what to do, and didn't have any support from my partner or my family (since they didn't believe in sex before marriage, let alone abortion). The baby miscarried. My (now) ex-partner and I have talked about it, named the baby and stuff. It's so hard, and I just wanted to let you know that there are people here who care about you and know how hard it is to go through this stuff! I hope you are doing okay, and am glad to hear you are treating it as a grieving process. I really think you made the right decision, although either way was going to be really difficult. Giving a baby all of your love and care isn't easy when you are still preparing for life!
    Best of luck! We care about you!
    Liz.