1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Being With Someone Of The Same Sex Was Illegal...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by YuriBunny, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

I would just try to do it secretly or maybe I just wouldn't date. If a cis person switched their gender it wouldn't work out for you, you would probably just develop gender dysphoria which isn't fun so it wouldn't really fix your problems.

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah. I mean, I was talking to a straight trans woman recently, and asked if she identified as a gay male prior. She said no, and explained that since gay men are attracted to men and qualities associated with them, it wouldn't have been desirable at all, having to play up the very things that gave her discomfort. Basically, it was living asexual, which shifted after transition, as she became more comfortable with her body and realized she wasn't into women aside from romantically.

Also, since it's more socially acceptable for women to experiment with masculine expressions, I think that's one reason you see more trans men who formerly identified as butch lesbians than trans women who were camp gay men or drag queens, for example. It's more of those "all or nothing" situations, and a lot of them go through phases of trying to be as masculine as possible, or hiding their "fetish" from the world for years.

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

While it wouldn't be as bad on me, considering I'm not monosexual, I also wouldn't mind changing my gender much considering I don't really identify strongly with my male biology to begin with. In a scenario where I was a gay man or a lesbian woman, I think I would pick a third option, to keep having sex with the gender I wanted regardless of legal consequence. Honestly it's kind of a turn on if it's completely forbidden, and in this case I wouldn't have to do anything disgusting to have illegal sex.

4. TurtleCat

If I loved a woman, I think I'd do whatever it took to be with her.

That's what true love is, after all.

I'd just do it in secret and on the down-low.

5. Tudor

Penalty death? I guess I'd choose the single life...until I got really old and near the end...then I'd go out with a bang making up for lost time :slight_smile:

6. KazTastic

Funnily enough, in Iran, where homosexuality is illegal, gender reassignment surgery is quite common, and people who undergo it are able to change their gender on government-issued documents.

7. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

break law or stay single

8. BelleFromHell

I'd get a secret girlfriend, and make out with her in front of the Georgia State Capitol.

Screw the rules.

9. Acm

Acm Guest

That's sort of what it was like for me actually. Before I realized I was trans I considered myself asexual since being a straight woman just wouldn't work for me, it was too uncomfortable

10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, you rock. XD

11. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends what the penalty would be for breaking the law. I'd take a fine and slap on the wrist, but I wouldn't risk imprisonment.

If prison was likely, I'd probably opt to stay single, but assuming that isn't an option (for the purpose of this question) I'd enter into a sham relationship with the opposite sex.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something isn't necessarily wrong because it is illegal. Morality is a grey area and very situational. Some countries do think anything other than straight is worthy of death. That's shocking.

You could say you're good friends and keep it secret. Are they going to bust into bedrooms and make sure people aren't f**king illegally? Or are they going to plant bugs in our homes to watch what we do? Goddamn voyeurs! And they're calling us perverts!?

Anyway I heard that British criminals get to play PlayStations, so it would be a holiday for me. At worst I fear that some time in prison would harden my heart and turn me into something worse.

I usually value my life. I would probably move country if the death penalty was introduced for same sex relationships. If this became an entire world thing, then it would flip the wrong switch. I would lead a revelation and it would not be pretty for the bigots.

#32 Lawrence, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  13. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I, too, would prefer to change my gender.

14. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'd love to be male-bodied either way. Female bodies suck.

15. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have long wished to be leaner and taller!

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If it was a minor punishment, I'd just be with that person, but not openly. If it was death, I'd move to a free country.

17. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When sex is outlawed, only outlaws will have sex. (Courtesy of an NRA bumper sticker, or something like that)

18. CrazyChances

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quite honestly? I'd continue being with the girl I loved, and say screw the law. Even if it meant time in jail, I'd still do it. I'd rather get locked up and stay true to myself, than be free and live a lie... because, at the end of the day, what IS freedom, really? To me, having to date the opposite gender or become the opposite gender isn't freedom, even if you get to live your life outside of jail... at least in jail you could still BE you!

19. animequeen567

Well, it wouldn't effect me either way, but I would probably change into a guy because NO PERIODS and I think I prefer girls.

20. the lone wolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd probably just break that law, I'd rather take my chances and be happy than stay alone and miserable for the rest of my life.