1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish they'd just fucking quit.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BornInTexas, Sep 27, 2013.

1. BornInTexas

So, if anyone remembers, I was outed. People quit asking me months back about my orientation, and now I am in college and thought this shit had stopped because people can mind their own damn business.

I was fucking wrong.

Instead of going to me, they've been going to my best friend. I'm out to her, and she is probably my best friend in the entire world. They've been bothering her about it. Like, people she doesn't even know are asking. It's fucking unreal.

So, she has been saying she doesn't know, she doesn't know, she doesn't know. But my old 'friend' who outed me is more than likely talking about it. He was with the people bothering my best friend tonight.

I had a great night, and they totally ruined my fucking week. Like I said, she has been saying she doesn't know very tactically. She even said mind their own business and stuff, but the guy keeps texting her saying, "I am not trying to offend you or him, I am just curious is all. Is he or is he not?" She said SHE DOESN'T KNOW. It's like no one can take that for an answer.

This might have been just a rant, but any advice is welcome. Jesus Christ it is annoying, and I feel bad for burdening my best friend with my problems. :help:

2. LD579

Your friend is awesome for handling this so well, and so are you. Just keep that in mind, first of all. Secondly, I'm not so sure that there is much you could do to handle this all. It should die down as time passes... Are you opposed to affirming their questions? That might just kill the excitement and novelty of it all. If they see that you don't think it's a big deal, then they might just get over it and get over themselves and the cheap gossip. It's all up to what you're comfortable with, though. It really is none of their business, as you know. If not, waiting it out should make things settle down.

3. BornInTexas

Looking at it right now, there isn't anything I can do. Makes me feel useless. And I don't want my friend to feel like she was dragged into it. I didn't know that they would start asking and pestering her. :frowning2:

I guess waiting it out again is all I can do. I am not comfortable letting them know, though.