1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish that I could be transitioning.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ramlethal, May 2, 2017.

1. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I just want my suffering to end , I don't have to be alive to accomplish that. I just want to be free of this mental hell of anxiety , dysphoria and endless struggle of learning things.

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Depression skews your perceptions and makes everything sadder and bleaker. Once you treat your depression, you will start becoming aware of the more positive aspects about yourself and the world around you. I've found hope and peace of mind in the smallest, seemingly inconsequencel details, in the laughter of the children in my family, in the sun and beauty of the world outside, in eating a meal that I enjoyed. How would you like your life to be different, what do you truly want from life? What would make you happy? If your mind tells you, there is nothing that will make you happy, it is your depression talking and try to ask again until you get a different answer. Once you have your answer, ask yourself what small actions you can take today so your hopes become a reality? The smallest of action that you can take, because even the smallest of action when repeated enough times will bring with it the tide of change. (*hug*)

#22 Eveline, May 3, 2017
    Last edited: May 3, 2017
  3. anthracite

anthracite Guest

Why does it have to be a struggle to learn? I mean as kids, we all loved it. If you learn something you care about, you will have the passion of a child again. Remember your dreams. What are/were they?

And since you want to transition: What keeps you from that? Money? Conservative environment?

4. Ramlethal

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    The latter

5. anthracite

anthracite Guest

May I ask how old you are and what your financial situation is?

6. DarkWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Weren't we already discusing that in her previous thread?

7. anthracite

anthracite Guest

I don't know, probably didn't read or forgot it.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine how difficult and frustrating it must be to feel like you don't have any immediate way to get to where you want to be.

Eveline has it right: depression really hijacks logical thought. My wonderful professor of abnormal psychology described depression as "the inability to craft a future" and I think that's a very accurate way of thinking about it.

The challenge is... when you're depressed, you literally have no way of seeing that things can get better. And it's hard, no matter what anyone says, to change that mindset.

The best I can offer you is to let you know that I understand what depression feels like, and I can imagine what you are going through right now, and I'm glad you are talking about. The more you can share what you're feeling, the more I hope you realize that there are people who care about you and want to see you succeed.

I know that right now it may not seem like there are good options and that ending your life seems to make sense. I can assure you that it doesn't, and the challenge is to hang on, keep talking about what you're feeling, and work through the situation and get to a place where you can feel better, happier, and more well adjusted. That, I can assure you, is absolutely possible... it's just about hanging on until you do feel better.

And we're here to help, and to remind you that you matter. :slight_smile:

9. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish you lived somewhere nearby, damn it Ramlethal, I'd tell you to go for a coffee.

10. SomeUsername

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, wouldn't it be a tragedy if you died before getting to spend even a single day expressing yourself fully as your true gender? And what about all the other opportunities you'd miss out on? Things may seem completely shitty now but they won't be forever. Please don't commit suicide. If you need a hotline you can call 1-800-273-8255.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have nothing to lose so you say. But you have everything to gain then. Only you can make it happen. If it's what you want, make it yours.

12. WeDreamOfPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Believe it or not (and trust me, I often don't believe it), you have so much to experience, even if you don't feel you have anything to hope for. Wouldn't you like to spend a day as your true gender? See something majestic? Meet amazing people?

I know it seems bleak, no matter how hopeful it may seem to others. But seriously, even if you can't feel a shred of happiness and all seems black, dark, and hopeless, there is hope, because so many have found it.

I have spent countless hours fantasizing about my death and funeral, hours scarring my body, hours wishing to have the pain end, and many more hours trying to distract myself. Even if you can't live for your own happiness, live to try and keep the people around you from feeling your pain. Losing a loved one, especially to suicide, wounds souls. It creates depression, and we know how crippling it is.

There is hope, even if we can't see it. There is so much to live for, and we'll never know what we'll miss if we end our lives early.

Peace, hope, hugs and love.

13. Eldrher

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ramlethal, I am not able to transition either. If I can stay alive so can u. Why can u not transition?_ is there anything that u could do to stop it worrying u