1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I was cute

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DRN94, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Jameson

Judging by your profile pic, YOU'RE NOT UGLY. You may not be a butter-faced, clean, perfect model, but that only makes you more real and in many ways more attractive.

You seem way too paranoid and overly judgmental on yourself, especially when you listed things that you want to be, like "Clean shaven, boyish facial featured, cute, innocent yet naughty, sexy lean, toned boy".

First of all, if you think you need to, shave. Get a haircut maybe. But, seriously, half of the things you listed were so limiting and isolated. I could give a list of more than a thousand and one features that I find "cute".

I honestly can say that in my entire fifteen years of living, and from living in three distinct locations around the US, I have never met an unattractive or ugly person. I always find something to like. Even things like bad teeth and freckles and a puggy looking face sometimes/somehow interest me.

Bottom line is: people aren't making fun of your ugliness, which itself does not exist. Another thing is your issue with jealousy when watching TV. You're going to have to conquer that and learn self-acceptance and confidence.

2. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm going to buy some new clothes and take care of my grooming more and try working out. I may join the Spectrum Club at my school which is basically the LGBT club. I'm not really open to the idea of coming out. I don't think it's anyone's business to know that I'm gay.

3. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like this sometimes, I get angry watching movies where there are cute guys, Imean I love it because their cute.... but then I hate it because I feel ugly as hell :icon_sad:

Btw, who says you´re ugly? :tantrum: cause you´re not :icon_wink

4. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks lol but I feel ugly and that feeling of ugliness is amplified when I see very physically attractive people either in person or in movies/TV. When I say I wish I was cute, maybe I meant to say I wish I felt like I'm cute.

And you shouldn't feel ugly at all cause you're genuinely cute :slight_smile:

5. BudderMC

You don't have to be open to the idea of coming out, but I wouldn't write it off altogether. I know nearly every argument against coming out, but think of it this way: if you want a boyfriend, he's gonna be pretty hard to find if nobody knows you're "on the market".

Anyways, just some food for thought.

6. Ticklish Fish

y'all please realize that movies/TV have professional make up artist and hair stylist... lol. and wardrobe person for the characters....

7. GayforGuys

Everyone likes different people, what one person sees as attractive, another person wouldn't bat an eyelid. Someone who finds someone unattractive, another person would see them as good looking. I wouldn't write yourself off.
    Looks aren't everything, personality personally matters more than just a persons looks.
    I can understand making loads of purchases, it does release an endorphin that makes you feel good about ourselves, everyone does it or has done it, as a confidence booster, maybe feeling shitty - buy a nice pair of jeans, a shirt, a guitar - whatever
    Trust me man, looking at your avatar picture, assuming that is you, you're NOT ugly, you're being too harsh on yourself...take people's advice and look in the mirror...find something good to say about yourself, it really is a great way to feel good about yourself!

8. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't commented since you first posted.

You have come a long way since you got here. As you have learned, you are far from ugly....and many of people have pointed that out since you added your pic.

Congrats dude!!!

9. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks, Ted. haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Capichino

Idk if u ever heard abt the thingy whare MOST gay boys don't think that they are cute to some ppl u r and some u arnt it just depends on what the person is interested in it Realy does like lots if ppl like broad chests or something I for one don't I like emo it just depends on the person ur asking it Realy does I once heard that for each person thare is at least four ppl out thare that are a perfect match but u hav to go out and look :grin:

11. redstormrising

I'm mixed-race too (Asian/Hispanic) and one thing I will say is to stop comparing yourself to white boys, Korean boys, etc. You can't look just like them and that is NOT a bad thing . Embrace being different - you are a unique mix and have your own brand of look. I remember when I was young I used to compare myself to all the little blond girls in the class and it made me miserable. As I grew up, I started recognizing that white and blond is not the only metric of attractiveness. I think Asian mixes especially have a certain exotic look that most people find intriguing, if you let them. Work out, let yourself dress a little nicer - I bet it will boost your self-esteem, and that's the best way to make yourself more attractive to others.

12. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dude, you're not ugly. No, I'm not just saying that to make you feel better. I won't sugar coat things, you're not a model, but then, neither am I or most people.

Now, what I see when I look at your profile pic is:
    A) A thin face, with high cheekbones. Definetly a plus.
    B) A graceful neck, not Hulk Hogan muscular, not dick neck. Nicely balanced,
    C) Golden skin. You've got a real bronze, which is nice in my books.
    D) Nice ears, not to big, not to small.

The point I'm trying to make dude is that you're not unattractive. Perhaps you're not a supermodel, but you don't inspire an *ick* response, which means that if you've got an attractive personality, you could easily find someone. You don't have to be hot to be loved, you just need to look nice enough that people will take the time to actually get to know you as a person. Trying to be attractive to everyone is just a ridiculous goal to aspire to, sure some people might be naturally very attractive, but all you really need to get by is a decent face and a great personality. The right person will come along that will get to know you and perhaps develop feelings for you.

Let me put it this way, my current crush hit me completely out of the blue. I got to know him, and THEN I was attracted to him. His looks really had nothing to do with it, it was always about how I felt around him. So don't worry about your looks so much dude, since I assure you, you look normal too me. Not amazing, not bad, just like good ol me :grin:.

If you really want to change your style (don't change yourself in a way that feels wrong or uncomfortable), then maybe go for an Obama-type shave, since you've got the right face for it. Then spice up the wardrobe with some classy duds and there you go, you're set.

13. PatyR

I get you! I want a cute girlfriend or boyfriend and it's frustrating to be ugly... I feel like I'll never get one:frowning2:

14. Akatosh

Dude. You will definitely never meet anyone with that attitude. Work on that first and foremost. That's probably the ugliest thing about you. As far as your avatar, I don't see where you are coming from. I'm attractive, athletic, educated, and I am just as lonely as you are. Check the 'tude, dude.

I forgot to mention, I've overlooked dating attractive guys before because they had very poor outlooks abouth themselves and other. Their poor attitudes made it impossible to think of them as attractive, even though on the outside they were beautiful. Work on the inside first, man, and someone will see your beauty, I promise you.

#134 Akatosh, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  15. Luke Matt

Aw :frowning2:

I'm still in the process of finding somebody ;____;

16. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am quite bad looking myself :frowning2: And looks are actually more important than people believe in relationships, you get noticed a lot because of them. The ones who say otherwise tend the ones with good looks because they don't know what it's like.

17. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Read the thread, but in all honesty I think that self-confidence is very lacking. If you're bad-looking, people may give you a chance if there's something else which is attractive, like personality or talent.

Looks aren't everything, but they sure help in a lot of things Q.Q

And if that is you in the picture, you're not ugly :slight_smile: Try believing more in yourself, I've seen people who look pretty bad and are in a relationship. I myself have a date with the cutest guy in the uni, who happens to be an old friend of mine. There is no indication f whether we will be together, maybe we will or maybe not. All I know is that he gave me a shot and agreed to go out on a date with me, so people like me, who are awkward and ugly can get a chance :slight_smile: You just have to believe in yourself and find something in yourself that people like and put that out.

But yeah, it would help a lot if I were good-looking lol.

18. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

I can't read this thread. It makes me depressed. Most people think they are ugly. It's normal. Don't beat yourself up.

19. FrankieUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are certainly not ugly!, you are attractive actually.

Hold your head up high and be proud and every man will want you, confidence is the most attractive thing in the world.

20. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

"You don't know you're beautiful, oh-oh-oh, that's what makes you beautiful!" ....What? Was no one else thinking it?