1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I was a top

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bmcclai1, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, he's a man because that's his identity. Neither behavior nor genitalia determine your gender.

2. Gen

Gen

Please dont misunderstand when I say this because I may come across as insensitive, but this is not true. I am in no way saying that you must have this or that quality to be able to be "male" per se. However, on a biological level his genitalia certainly does categorize himself as male. On a biological level.

Sex and gender identity(or agreeance) are two, though sometimes connected, entirely different things.

I can see how my comical undertone could have been offensive and for that I apologize. I am not saying that one needs certain genitalia to justify their gender indentity. However, it is incorrect to claim that a man that does not display man-like qualities isnt a man. Homophobic individuals are not refering to our gender indentity when they refer to us as "less of men". I was saying that their statement is technically incorrect.

3. MixedNutz

I think that statement is the key right there. In society dominant=man/
    submissive=woman. That clearly is a general thought process although not the case many times in heterosexual relationships.

Now in gay society top=dominant/ bottom=submissive. That also clearly is a general thought process although not the case many times.

But I think that's why many make the bottom=woman connection when it comes to gay relationships. But dominant/submissive has more to do with personality and emotional roles of the couple. Not the gender.