1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want a boyfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confused102188, Mar 31, 2010.

1. confused102188

I just cant take that leap!!! Whats gonna happen when I tell everybody I'm gay? God I'm so scarred. I think about my life as a gay dude all the time! I think about what it will be like to hold another guy and to LOVE like that! I am shakeing right now I've been crying so hard! I am worried! I need to move on and start my new life as a gay guy! I'm sorry if I spelled any words wrong... I cant see threw the tears!

2. donnie5

"breath"(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) It's going to be OK. I know what it's like to start thinking about your life as a gay person it's (excuse my language) F**cking scary! I don't how many times i cried, how many time I thought "I can't do this, this is too much" but your life will move on. your in a "shock phase" the whole very foundation of your life has been shook up, and it takes you about as far out of your comfort zone as you could possibly be. BUT life does move on as grueling and scary as it is sometimes, it still pulls on and after time the thought of you being gay will be like thinking "oh my hair is brown". It takes time like everything. right now you need to hold on to the good things in your life, the things that always make you happy. it will get better I promise. if you ever want to chat about anything you can post on my wall. HANG IN THERE! (*hug*)(*hug*)

3. Mogget

Being out won't guarantee you a boyfriend (unless there's someone who's said, "I'd go out with you if you weren't closeted), but it will make it easier. What it will give you is this: the knowledge that you aren't lying to those you care about, the ability to be around people you find attractive who might like you back, and relief over not hiding something.

4. RaeofLite

Liam said it spot on. And you own't have to worry about people "blackmailing" or gossiping about you because it'll just be factual news. *shrug*

I wish you all the best. Tell your friends who you think'll be the most supportive first. You need a support network so you won't feel so alone in the world once push comes to shove and you tell your parents. :slight_smile:

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

Liam and rayoflife are right. Dont let it get to you that you have no boyfriend. It will perhaps come but there are other important issues for you to face too by being a gay person.

6. uptownboy

this is so me..me too want a boyfriend
    but i'm not ready yet, like my friend want to introduce me to her friend's friend
    i'm so excited yet confused..
    but i think i have to get rid my "confused" :slight_smile:
    good luck !

7. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm actually in a similar position too. I know what it feels like to want to come out, to live your life openly and to find a boyfriend, but at the same to be absolutely terrified by it. So you're definitely not alone. In fact, by coming here and asking for help/advice you're already a step closer.

It's not easy to do, but what works for me is to try and look at it positively. I mean, sure it's scary, but it's good scary. Personally I can't wait until i'm out to everyone. I know it'll happen someday and i'm sure you'll get there too. It takes time, and there's no point rushing into before you're ready. In the meantime, i'm sure there are loads of people here who've been through similar and can give you better advice than i can.

Good luck. (*hug*)