1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told her.....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by rarity von 666, Oct 5, 2014.

1. rarity von 666

I came out to my mom and she said that god made me a boy and to worry about school and my grades. I understand the whole focus on school thing but was is this god made me a boy business. Any help ?:help:

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This seems like a denial response from your mother to try to avoid addressing the issue.
    Have either of your parents (or just your mother) expressed that they're 'okay' with LGBT folks? Because of her response about God, I'm concerned that your mother may have a religious, anti-LGBT stance.

If you know that your parents are okay with LGBT people, then you may just need to bring up the issue again to show her that this isn't something that she can just ignore. This is you, her child, talking to her about your sexuality, an issue that shouldn't be ignored.

If your parents are anti-LGBT or you're not sure, you may want to briefly re-think how you'd like to come out to her, but you shouldn't let the issue fall off the table. It's been brought up, and letting it be ignored will just let your mother fall into denial.

3. rarity von 666

Well, my mom said she is supportive about lgbt but she doesn't get transgenderism. I don't why but I'll found out soon. (In case if you were wondering, yes she's a Christian)

4. Haze

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If her problem is that she just doesn't understand then my advice would be to educate her. Let her know this is important to you and that it would mean a lot if she would let you teach her about what you're going through and what you want.

5. DoriaN

I'm a Christian myself, and there are a lot of resources regarding transgenderism and Christianity.

Here are a couple things to tell your mom or to learn about yourself.

-God created man and woman, not man OR woman.
    -There are intersex people who are both male and female or neither fully of either.
    -There are animals God made that naturally change gender and are homosexual.

I can help you more or chat in private if you like, but these short points should help.

I am fully convinced that transgenderism meshes fully with Christianity.

6. rarity von 666

Thanks for the advice everyone! :slight_smile: I will bring up the subject and to educate her about it.