1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think someone i know is closeted

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Geist, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Geist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have known this person for a while and to be perfectly honest i have suspected he might be gay, but i didn't want to bring up the subject with him for fear of being wrong and embarresing him. Today however i went up to the library to surf the internet on my laptop and i saw him looking in the LGBT section of the library. I was going to go over to him and ask him what he was looking at, but i then remembered when i was looking in that section and very closeted i would run out of that section if i heard foot steps coming to close, and i didn't want to corner him into telling me if he isn't ready. I am not sure what to do i could try to talk to him and bring it up but i don't know him very well and things could quickly turn awkward for him, i could come out completely (which i am trying to do asap as soon as i get the courage) and hope he comes to me for advice, or i could just hope that he comes to S.A.F.E (GSA) looking for support.

2. jroakwood

i dont know what to tell you. but it looks promising if he was looking in the LGBT section of the library.
    id say just bring up something gay with him.... and see how he responds to talking about it. (this could be easier to do online if you talk to him on the net at all.)
    maybe something about heath ledgers death and brokeback mountain and how horrible it is that people would protest his funeral because he played a gay character on a movie.
    something like that.
    or you could just ask him, which if i was in your situation, i would just go for it.
    you cant always wait for life to hand things to you, sometimes you have to go for them yourself.