1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think i've turned gay and i hate it.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kingjules, Aug 17, 2015.

1. HC1234

HC1234 Guest

Hello,

I hope you don't think that I mean being gay is disgusting. I've never been very good at explaining myself so I probably worded it really badly and I'm sorry if it came across that way.
    I was actually talking about OCD fears (in this case it is sexuality but it could be anything).
    OCD is largely driven by uncertainty and sexuality is one of those issues that is inherently uncertain so it is easy to obsess over. Someone with OCD can literally obsess over anything and these are usually random and very irrational.
    To my knowledge OCD around sexuality is not driven by homophobia but rather a fear of uncertainty and a need for answers that a sufferer will never get because of the irrationality of OCD.
    So, I just meant it is important to accept the uncertainty that what you fear may be true and that you can never have all the answers because then it loses its power over you.

#21 HC1234, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see nothing in what you have described that indicates you are gay or even bi. I see pretty strong indicators consistent with some sort of obsessive traits.

My strong suggestion is that you seek out help from a good psychotherapist with experience working with OCD and get an evaluation. That is going to be your best bet.

3. Kingjules

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  4. Kingjules

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
  5. myself123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello Kingjules.
    I tend to feel that you are not into guys. I think you are into guys.
    From what you write and describe, it doesn't seem you are attracted to guys. The very fact that you aren't drawn to guys in real ife and constantly keep checking, which results in a negative is a pretty good indication. Plus, you have to force yourself into arousal, by masturbation which gets you off, that too not much. The reason you do get off could be because the penis does react to stimulation and chances are that you will get an erection. That does not mean that you are necessarily attracted to the guy. Any image that has a sexual component, and stimulation, could get you off. All of the things you try to do are checks, which, repeatedly are not something that is naturally coming to you. If you have to force something on yourself, chances are it is not natural. Had you been into guys, you would have masturbated willingly and gotten off.
    I hope you feel better and your anxiety calms down :slight_smile:

6. Kingjules

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I feel like killing myself

7. Acuba403

What is it that you dislike so much about being gay?

8. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Kingjules, in your first post on this forum you mentioned that problems began after you attended an LGBT film festival in Prague. Do you mind if I ask what the name of that festival was?