1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I've realised I'm not male gendered.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Sully, May 14, 2014.

1. Sully

I could expand on this so much more, but I think I've just realised I'm 'agendered'. For ages I've always thought I've been really feminine but I don't show it at all. Just sitting now I realised that male just really doesn't resonate with me. I said to myself 'I'm a man', it didn't feel right. Then I just said, 'I'm a woman', that to didn't feel correct.

Gender is a construct made by men, and it simply doesn't fit me. I feel really confused now because I just feel at ease (stomach butterflies, but at ease).

Fuck. I've denied this for so long because of the idea of being trans scares me to death. It's great that EC exists as you all understand. What's also weird is that I don't really care. It is what it is.
    So, I guess I'm agender, gender queer, gender fluid? I don't even know what to call it (fucking labelling!). I just know, the gender binary doesn't fit me.
    Um; I feel really weird right now.

---------- Post added 15th May 2014 at 11:40 AM ----------

Shit. It begs the question. Why is gender so important to society. Why do we box ourselves into these ridiculous things we made up! Gender doesn't exist! Why do we have to be one!

---------- Post added 15th May 2014 at 11:40 AM ----------

So many epiphanies right now!

2. Just Jess

It sounds like you have found some valuable stuff out about yourself :slight_smile: I hope your newfound room to explore leads you somewhere wonderful that makes sense to you.

3. ErenJaeger

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was sitting in the bathroom at school today wondering much of the same thing. I feel neither gender more often than one or the other, and I just feel out of place.

4. I feel a lot of these things as well. I too have trouble labeling myself in any way that feels right.

It's good that you're feeling at ease and those revelations really are an incredible thing to experience. So congrats I guess! :lol:

Best. :slight_smile:

5. Stacy in MA

Sully - I'm right there with you! I have felt really adrift genderwise and it is such an odd sensation. It's amazing how gender sneaks up on you in ways you hadn't necessarily considered before - even simply the 'words' you use in your mind to think about yourself. I now find myself uncomfortable referring to myself as a man aloud, even though I am only out to my wife and have been long used to doing the things necessary to maintain the illusion that I am a 'regular' guy (I find 'guy' a lot more acceptable than man for some strange reason). How do you even describe your sexual orientation? How can you be gay or straight if there is no opposite of your gender? I have settled for just declaring who I am attracted to without respect to my own gender. The opposite sex? That common phrase has utterly lost it's meaning for me. I don't know...

6. Sully

Thanks all, I finally guess I understand what it means when people have 'bio male, agender' on their little info thing.
    That's a good place to settle :slight_smile: