1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm genderfluid.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by warholwendy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am biologically male. So like a while ago I very strongly identified as a girl and I finally got up the courage to come out to my parents. They were very supportive which was good but they said to get off of whatever I was reading and to think and pray. (Haven't told them I'm an atheist yet.) So I went through that and I started identifying as a boy, but then there were moments where I'd feel like a girl and then a boy and it just sort of alternating. This kind of thing has happened before. Generally what happens is it's like a phase where I'd mostly consider myself one gender but then there'd be moments where it'd be like I was the opposite one.

The term "genderfluid" seems to accurately describe what I'm feeling, and not to sound like a parent that doesn't really agree with being non-straight and non-binary but is this just something I'm going through? It seems like it could happen you know I'm 13 all the hormones and crap. Not trying to be condescending to people like this but this is all a little scary to me.

2. Orange Bananas

Don't be scared if you think you're genderfluid and don't attribute it to hormones. I attributed my bisexuality to hormones for years and kept denying it. If I had just accepted it as soon as I knew, I'd be happy. You definitelly seem genderfluid and if it makes you happy, identify as such. If you come out and realize that's not who you are, you can explain that to people. While phases do happen, usually it's not just a phase.

3. warholwendy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people