1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I pulled a leg muscle, please help

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ErickWolf, Jun 1, 2020.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I clearly overdid some leg exercise yesterday. Ouch. Last night it was a bit uncomfortable trying to get comfy to go to sleep but I didn't think much of it. This is probably, (hopefully!) short term temporary, and just the result of me being a dumbass and overdoing it. But it's been a struggle to walk today. When I got up and got out of bed today, I was like...oh boy.

Thigh - inner near knee, and back of thigh - seems to be the issue. Anyway if anyone can seriously please help and give me advice for what to do, thanks. This is not fun.

The pain is mostly just minor and an annoying inconvenience, but I don't really appreciate barely being able to bend that leg. Stairs, chairs, and getting in and out of bed has been a struggle today. I also hope I didn't injure myself.

gurlinred likes this.
  2. gurlinred

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am no doctor, in fact, I am probably the least qualified person here to give advice on anything. But anyways I do dance a LOT and I also do dumb things put that together you get hella injuries. What I do when I pull a muscle is I ice it. I don't know if it helps or not but it numbs the pain for a bit. To me, it sounds like you pulled a muscle, so try and take it easy for a bit. If it hurts for longer than a day or two I would consult a medical person. I hope you feel better!

Spartan 117, La Corbeau and ErickWolf like this.
  3. Really

It kind of sounds like your hamstring? I’ve pulled mine and, hoo boy, you really need to let it heal and recuperate properly before stressing it again. I found this video pretty helpful.

4. musicteach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a doctor and not medical advice: definitely sounds like you pulled a muscle or maybe your hamstring. I’d say ice it and rest for a couple days and if it’s not feeling better definitely go see a doctor. Strains like this are actually a pretty common injury in marching band. (I swear, band kids get hurt more than sports kids)

5. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How are you feeling now? It does sound like you've done yourself a bit of an injury - but as you said the pain is mostly mild and just uncomfortable, I think the best thing you can do is rest it. Hopefully you've managed to do this over the last few days! Lay off the exercise for a bit, because it might make your recovery slower.

Unfortunately sometimes these things are quick to do and slow to heal! It doesn't sound serious but if it's still bothering you in a week or so, or gets worse - maybe call the doctor.