1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I messed up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by RuralMedAU, Jun 28, 2009.

1. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I got really drunk Friday night. I went to a party at my friends house, which btw I have had a crush on for some time. I got really drunk and I think I tried to kiss him but I can't remember what happened. What should I do?

2. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Well for now, pretend nothing happened. By that, I mean play it down. Call your friend if you want and inquire about any of your actions and try to apologize for any discrepancies or transgressions that may have occurred. If you tossed the salad, than be prepared to hear it. In-fact, add some humor to it to make light of it like:

"Well, was it good?" :slight_smile:

It might lighten the mood and make it easier to approach him. You should be able to go back to being friends immediately. Better to deal with something like that sooner than later though in my experience. Otherwise for the parties involved, it can become something that distances you two.

When drinking, accidents happen. But hell, they sure are learning experiences--right? Going to quote Milk now:

"But gay guys can't have kids...?"

"But we Lord knows we keep trying! :lol:"

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I wouldn't worry too much about it. In all likelihood he knows that you were drunk, and might have already drawn his conclusions based on that. Trying to kiss your friend when you are drunk, isn't the worst thing that can happen. He might have already laughed it off.

Try talking with him and just say you are sorry for your behavior and leave it at that. If he was drunk too, he might not even remember it either.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was he drunk too? If so I bet he has no recollection of it (unless it was really good). If not, ask around to some of your other friends who were there and try to piece together what went on. If he does remember and asks you, tell him the truth about how you were drunk, not thinking clearly, etc. I would refrain from explaining your crush on him until later though.

5. GoBabyGoGo

oh wow... ive had a very similar experience. i think i was touching my best friend (who i had the most wicked crush on) all over his body. Not good.

Thing was, i was VERY drunk that night. I think he just shrugged it off, and laughed about it because i was so drunk. he was also just a tad weirded out by it. I just said, 'sry man', when he brought it up, 'i can't remember a thing from that night! I'm scared about what i might have got up to!'

anyway, life goes on, he forgets about it, i dont think it changed our friendship. And then i came out to him. (also while very drunk hahaha) I can;t quite remember his reaction was, but so far i dont think its changed anything. i mean, hes got a pretty accepting attitude, but i still wonder what he thinks of me. I really think he must know by this that i have sexual feelings for him...

6. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There may be a bit of tension here, that is blaming the alcohol for your ACTIONS or your FEELINGS. I mean, if you knew he was OK with it, you would just a soon kiss him again, and again, and again, even without the influence, right? So, are you being disingenuous by saying "The alcohol made me do it" when you really wanted to do it anyway? I don't like it when I deny my feelings or flat out lie about them. Would there be something you could say that would still honor your affections yet still apologize for expressing them at that time, place and/or manner? Doing so may leave the door open for a more honest "outing" conversation later.

#6 seadog, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  7. RuralMedAU

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are right seadog, I would just as soon kiss him again if he was ok with it. He has sent very mixed signals over the last year or so but I have been afraid to tell him im gay because of the fear of rejection.

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ask. With a sense of humor. "OK, I remember getting the mai tai, then the Midori sour. Then I vaguely recall being downstairs with Fred, and then I was waking up at home. You have any idea what happened in between?" If he mentions you making a pass at him, say "Really? Wow. How'd I do?" :slight_smile:

Lex

9. kettleoffish

Don't worry about, people kiss when they're drunk, I've kissed female friends while drunk, so surely straight guys kiss male friends while drunk too.

10. GoBabyGoGo

^ ^ actually, yeah !

two of my straight friends just pecked each other on the lips while a little tipsy (i think it was to prove a point to a girlfriend haha), but they are both very confiedent with their sexuality.

i just wish i could kiss someone, drunk or sober :frowning2: