1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help ... Therapists In London.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bulbul, Nov 16, 2018.

1. bulbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm writing these words with a burning ache in my heart. When I was in my early 20s, I kept hearing "It gets better". I'm 30 years old now and it didn't get better at all. I suffer from insomnia, lack of focus, fatigue and severe memory loss, all of which have had a very negative impact on my personal and work life, I gave up on happiness, I realize that I will never be happy and I accept that, but I need to fix my life, I have to survive.

I am suffering from severe depression, and I know I can't get better without counseling. Unfortunately, where I live, counseling is not an option. I visit London a few times a year for a short time and I thought I could get some therapy while I'm there. However, I wrote to several therapists who offer their services to the LGBT community but they all say that consistency is they key, and they can't help me because they have to see me for a prolonged period of time. So I decided to go for private therapist, perhaps i will have more luck with them, only I don't know where to start, can someone help me? Please, I'm desperate.

Thank you.

zuice likes this.
  2. zuice

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    There are you-tube videos under Vital Mind Psychology for Self-Transformation. They are very helpful to uplifting one's mood. Just to remind oneself that to be loved is sharing hope with another person is a start at this moment.Thank you for your honest and encouraging posts.

3. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey have you thought about therapy through skype?i know a lot of therapists do it these days and it will give you the prolongued time you need to work with someone...i wish you all the best!

4. Billy the kid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well don't give up on happiness my friend. I know there are no easy answers. Can you move to London for a while? What will it take to make you happy? like the others mention, the online therapy sessions and all of the videos online that are available. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and breath. would you be happy if you left Saudi Arabia and started a new somewhere else? I'm no expert on any of this but I do know that happiness comes from inside you.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Consistency is important, even if you decide to see a therapist in private practice. If you can only attend one or two appointments in a short space of time it's going to be difficult to thoroughly address the underlying issues that are causing the severe depression. Some therapists do work with clients online, so that might be worth considering if face to face appointments are difficult. Maybe if you could find a therapist in London who does online work too you'd have that continuity, combining online with real time face to face meetings as/when possible.

If you are looking for a therapist in the UK, I suggest searching the BACP register: https://www.bacp.co.uk/search/Therapists