1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help about my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by cays, May 10, 2022.

1. cays

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi everyone, I’m 18F and I identify as bisexual. I’ve discovered I was bi when I was 12, rarely ever questioned my sexuality. But now I have a much bigger problem. Recently I have been questioning if I’m a male. People told me I probably was if I’m questioning, but it’s deeper than that. I never felt bad about having a girl name, a female genital, wearing dresses or skirts or being called a “woman”. But there’s this little thing: I daydream as a male since I was little. I thought that this was just an imaginary character who I play like a game in my head, but suddenly it got too real and I realized it was an alter ego. He has a name, a backup story and kinda lives the life I’ve ever wanted, in my head. So what do i do? I never thought I’d be trans but this confuses me. Please lmk your thoughts

2. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello @cays

I was exactly the same. First I came out with my sexuality but the biggest problem for me was my gender. I also named my guy side! It made it easy for me to deal with. He’s the invisible part of me that nobody can see and it made it feel real if I named him.

There was a spell I identified as non transitioning FTM

I even identified as bi gender at one time!

However, although I got dysphoric days, I knew if I completely transitioned over to male, I’d feel the same the other way. There are things I don’t mind about being in my female body. There are things I’d love to change yes, but to go fully male there would be things I wouldn’t like.

So I decided to label myself non binary. I’m not completely female and I’m not completely male. I sit somewhere in the middle, even though I’m more on the masculine side. But to look at me I’m not butch, just soft butch.

I embrace that masculine persona of mine.

If you are happy to remain in your female body then perhaps you’re non binary too?

3. cays

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It’s really good to know I’m not the only one. And yes, I’d be the same way if i ever transitioned. I guess I skip the part where I can be in the middle, and don’t have to choose a side. I like having “girly” body parts and “girly” stuff. Thank you for your response. I guess I’ll think about my gender again

Sunchimes likes this.
  4. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You’re welcome :slight_smile:

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @cays.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give support if you need it and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary! I usually make this post to a new member when they make their first post on the Welcome Lounge Forum, but I missed you there...so I'll catch up with you here! There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation.
    In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are a lot of people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.
    *****When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:
    To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.
    *****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

#5 quebec, May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
  6. GraceMiamor

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that what your saying is that you are trans but also maybe demigirl not really wanting to think that your a girl but born with the female genitals. Sorry if I'm going to far with this. I just think that you can be whatever you picture yourself to be.