1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need an answer quick!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dudethere, Oct 15, 2008.

1. dudethere

Ok so there is this guy im friends with at my drama club he is realy cute funny blah blah blah totaly my type. I have been making friends with him and now i think im ready to ask him if he is gay/ wanan go out with me... but here is the probleme i dont know if he is gay and i dont want to look like a fool any advise?

2. Starshine16

Well if you ask him if he is gay and he says no,yeah you will feel like a fool,but that feeling will pass.The best advice I can give you is just to do it otherwise you will never know what could have been.

3. Mickey

Get to talking,get to know him. Then once you're comfortable,bring up a gay subject to see what his reaction is. i.e. Gay marriage...whatever. That way you can see how he feels about such things. Then...take it from there! Good luck!

4. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

hahahaha this is really funny to me cause its like the polar oppisite of my situation

Im the new gay in my drama club i am flirting with this other guy and im hoping he will ask me out soon...... whats ur name????
    lol

as for advice i say that u don't ask him first, like ask him alone and say well im gay and i was wondering if u wanted to ......... ya know make sure u know he is serious ok

5. Starshine16

Yes don't talk to him with a crowd of people around or godness knows what he would say in order not to be outed.Talk to him alone.

6. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, see what he thinks of gay things (marriage etc) like Mickey said, then ask him alone, so there's not peer pressure. I wouldn't rush the whole thing, otherwise he'll feel edgy...
    Good luck and tell us how it went!

7. No One

well what grade are you i know stupid question but it can make a big diff on how people react. i know how you feel there is this really cute guy im my drama club(we are doing a play called " a work in progress" its a really stupid one about the stuff you go through in high school ugh" and he acts gay and i would tottaly date him lol (even though he just shaved his head so he had a mo hawk lol) but i cant tell him im gay lol. but just ask if everyone knows your gay than what is there to lose i mean its not like he could out you.

8. dudethere

ok im in grade 8 and he is in high school wish is good and bad. Its good becuase then the jerks all ready making fun of me at school wont make fun of him... i dont think he is out I have been acting toatly gay around him and he has done a little flirting but nothing to big. This is bad becuase i wont see him too much D: but i can live with it. Im out to family friends so im not worried but i realy am dying to eitehr find out if he is gay or ask him out. I only see him once a week now i dont have his number or MSN or stuff but id love to!!! ok so yeah i need some quick advice.

P.S. great advice so far :grin:

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does he know - not guess, not think, but KNOW - you're gay? That's probably the first thing you're going to need to do is let him know. Not hint, not suggest, but know.

Secondly, even after he knows, I wouldn't ask him out. Not in so many words - "You wanna go out with me?" Instead, pick an event/activity you think he'd like, and invite him to it. Since you're in drama class, maybe work that angle. "I saw that a local theater group is doing 'Death of a Salesman', and I wanted to go check it out. I thought it might be cool to see how they put it on. Would you want to go with me?"

Lex