1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Colton1212, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Colton1212

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My aunt and uncle are cool with me being bi. I was talking to them yesterday about my girlfriend. They asked who was "the guy" I sat there for a minute and I know how they think. So I told them I guess I was. They told me that was fine but I better not go off shaving my hair and changing and all this. When really that's all I want to do I do think I wanna be trans and I want a haircut but having them say that I could never tell them that.

2. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Glad that they accept you as bi and that's a huge achievement, so congrats on that, but I also think that if you want short hair, then just let it get cut. Who can really stop that? They just have to get used to it.

I really can't give any other really helpful advice though, when I'm in similar boat myself. I have also told by my father, that short hair make me look like a boy and long hair suit me better. This is also one of the reasons I'm scared to come out, because I know their attitude towards this. I don't listen his advice anymore though. I'm thinking of going to hairdresser and just let it cut shorter. It's also easier to take care of shorter hair. Maybe you can give them that excuse? And tell that it was necessary to get it cut, if they ask.

You could also maybe make subtle changes and take baby steps. This is also one way they could get used to the new you and you could experiment, without you really telling them and maybe they realize it on their own and see how it makes you happy (this is something I am thinking of doing. I don't know how effective it will be though).

I know how hard it's to come out of closet. I am out to my friend, what was extremely hard, but I also do need to come out to my parents and relatives eventually and their reactions scare me. It's hard not being able to do what you want and be who you truly are, while keeping your feelings to yourself. I know it all too well :pensive:

3. Colton1212

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you. I am thinking about just cutting it off and see what they say. I hope that everything gets better for you soon. I just wish the whole world was accepting to who we want to be.

4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome and good luck to you. I hope everything gets better for you too and I wish the same. I think the world would become a better place then.

5. Colton1212

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me too!

6. emmaw462

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation: