1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SpyderShaylee, Feb 15, 2014.

1. SpyderShaylee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have basically come out to everyone important except my dad. I'm not sure it's because religion is a big part of his life, if I fear disappointing him, or both. Anyway, I'm dating a girl and things are getting pretty serious. My mom suggested I shouldn't become fully public with our relationship until I've told my father. I don't want to lose this girl to my own fears. Please give me advice on coming out to him. Tell me your coming out experiences. Thank you.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I am fully out but I was lucky that my parents were supportive. You know your dad best so you can probably give the best decision on whether or when to tell him. My advice is to talk to your girlfriend, explain the situation and see how she feels, it might be that she is happy for the relationship to continue the way it is for a bit until you feel it's a better time to tell your dad. If not then you can make the decision to tell him.