1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice. I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rokosmodernlife, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Rokosmodernlife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Ok, so I was thinking about this yesterday and talking about it today with my counselor.
    I'm starting spring break at the end of this week, and I would like to come out to my parents while home. BUT I'm 21, am financially dependent on them as of the moment (I have no job, they own my car, and pay my tuition/rent) and if I get a job it would be part time and I wouldn't be able to aford the rent I have to pay.
    I'm 85% sure they'd be accepting of me being a bisexual/biromantic, but it's that 15% that is making me nervous.
    If they aren't and choose to kick me out (they have almost done so with my brother), I have no place to live and, until I have a job, no money for food or otherwise.
    I would love to come out soon. It's painful to keep secrets from my mom and dad, and having to change the pronouns of my love interests.

Also, I need ideas for how to come out to them.

What would y'all do in this situation? How would you /have you come out to your parents?
    :help:

2. GayCJ

Out Status:
    A few people
    I haven't but before I knew they would be accepting I made sure I had a backup plan just in case. I have a friend I came out to that I knew I could live with, so maybe you could find an accepting friend that you know wouldn't mind you living with him/her until you are financially dependent.

3. Grayson

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are people out there that will allow someone to stay at their place/sleep on their couch for however long they need if they've been kicked out of the house. I only really know of people who take in transgenders when they're struggling, but I'm sure none of these people would be averse to helping out anyone. Other than that, have a friend that you can rely on as backup just in case. But seriously, don't be too anxious. I mean, the WORST case scenario is that you might be kicked out, but try not to let that worst thing turn into a deterrent for telling your parents. A lot of the time, parents actually want to be involved or at least know things like that about their kid. But either way, good luck!