1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I more just need to vent but I'm also open to suggestions

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by croftrs147, Oct 18, 2019.

1. croftrs147

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This kind of could fall under multiple categories so I'm going to put it in "general".

So long story short I was hoping to get a binder around Christmas (that way my parents wouldn't be suspicious of me ordering stuff online because I could say it's just Christmas presents). Now I recently found out I have scoliosis, and today found out that I'm going to have to wear a back brace. From the little bit of research I've done, that's not a good combination. Apparently a binder can sometimes make the scoliosis worse depending on the severity. The thing is almost everyone says to ask a doctor. I:clap:can't:clap:fucking:clap:do:clap:that:clap:without:clap:being:clap:outed:clap:. My mom would find out because it's not like a well check-up, it's more meeting with pediatric orthopedic surgeon about the game plan to avoid surgery.

I don't know why this is bothering me so much, I'll only have to wear it for 6 months or so, and I was willing to wait till November/December. I don't want to have to wait that long though. Especially because I'll probably run into the same problem of getting around my parents.

2. Shorthaul

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Back problems are no joke, so definitely want to take care of that first.

But why not order the binder with the whole "Christmas" cover story and hide it someplace. Just have to do a little store shopping so no one will know the thing you ordered was never under the tree.

That way you have it even if you have to wear a back brace for a little wile.