1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met a guy! But am I making something out of nothing?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by HylianPride, Feb 9, 2006.

1. HylianPride

First off, I just want to say how great this site is. I think it's great that a forum like this exists, with a community that is ready to lend out a helping hand and give advice when people need it the most. I know it's been awhile since my last post for those of you who read my previous thread, and for those who haven't, my previous situation is sort of the reason why my current situation is so confusing, so if you want to, you can check out my previous thread here http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253

OK, on to my dilemma. As you have probably surmised from the topic name, I met a guy recently. This past friday, on a spur of the moment decision, I decided to check out a gay club for the first time. About a half hour there after I arrived there, I started to regret my decision to come, since I found myself at the bar, with nothing to do, but trying to give off the impression that I wasn't bored and alone by looking occupied with my drink. Then I discovered that the club had a bottom level, so I went downstairs, and found myself not knowing what to do there, so I just sat at the bar they had downstairs. Don't worry, I didn't get drunk or anything like that, I must've spent close to 20 bucks on drinks, but hardly even touched any of them. So after about 5 minutes, this old guy sits next to me, and starts a conversation with me. I went along with it, since I was getting pretty bored of just playing with my drinks. But then he reaches over to grab my hand and asks if he could buy me a drink. This old guy was hitting on me, and I had no idea what to do about it. I tried to brush him off politely, but he kept insisting on buying me a drink. So then I looked over to my left and saw these two guys talking. I turned to them and said if they wouldn't mind if I talked to them for a while, because this old guy next to me is hitting on me and it's weirding me out a little. They didn't mind at all.

All my regrets about coming went flying out the window, because I wound up spending the next 30 minutes or so talking to one of them, and even though it was hard to talk because the music was so loud, we had a great time talking. His friend tells him that he wants to go dance, so he tells me to look for him on the dance floor if he wanted to talk some more. I couldn't believe it, another guy actually finding an interest in me. And to top it all off, he was HOT! Only bad thing, he was from out of town, and was leaving in a few days. I decided to stick around a few more hours, and when I thought it was time to leave, I thought I would at least look for him and ask if he ever wanted to hang out sometime. When I did find him, I got a bit too nervous, and the words didn't come out as easily as I thought they would. I think he knew what I was trying to get at, and so he asked me if I wanted his phone number. I said sure, and he gave it to me, and as I was saying my goodbyes, he reached over and gave me a hug, and told me to feel free to give him a call sometime. I literally froze when he hugged me, I really wasnt expecting that. But it's definitely all I thought about on the way home, and was the definite highlight of the night.

Fast forward to yesterday. I wasnt sure how soon I should call, but I thought wednesday was good, so I called him up, and sure enough, he answered. We wound up talking to each other close to an hour, and I was loving every minute of it, thinking to myself "this guy is so great". In the end, he asked if he could keep the number that came up on his caller ID, my phone number essentially, and I said sure. We traded AIM screen names too, and he told me I could call him anytime I want.

I am so ecstatic right now. Here's a guy who's nice, has a great personality, and not to mention cute as hell. And he actually likes me! But this is where things get confusing for me. This is all very new to me, and I haven't the slightest idea on what to do. I know this is a pretty long post, and I appreciate everyone who took the time to read it, but based on everything I said, do you think he's even interested in me? Now I'm not jumping to conclusions and confirming that he's my boyfriend or anything like that, but I could definitely see myself dating him. He's definitely somebody I would love to be in a relationship with, but I don't want to come too strong or anything like that. So what do you think? Do you think he's looking for the same thing, or just thinks he made a new friend? What course of action do you think I should take from here? I'm looking for honest opinions, so if you think that there isn't a chance here, just come right out and say it. I'll be hurt, but I won't be offended.

2. hawkeye

Personally, i'd have to say that a lot depends on how "out of town" he is. You really sound like you are into him. With getting together though, alot depends on if he lives 30 minutes out of town, or a few hours out of town. If he lives within 45 minutes or so, I'd say go for it. Its close enough that it wouldnt be too hard to get together fairly often. If it's any more than that, you might want to go looking again for someone that you can spend more time with.
    All in all, good luck!

3. HylianPride

Yes, I am very into this guy, perhaps more so than I have ever been with anyone else. The last time we talked, he was the one who contacted me, so I'm guessing that does mean something. He does live pretty far from me, 1 time zone away, but i suppose that really isn't too far to prevent us from ever getting together if we chose to do so.