1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I may have accidentally outed myself to my grandma

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Jul 26, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My well dried up, so while they've been digging it the past week, I've had no choice but to drive 15 minutes to my boyfriend's house to take a shower, or when they're not home (i.e. today), I have to drive 35 minutes to my grandma's house.

Well, she decided she needed me to go to Kroger's with her to carry 12-packs of pop, and while in the store, I think she saw me checking out a really hot guy. She didn't say anything.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think that's sufficient enough of an action to out yourself. I was in college, at the gym, and this one guy came in, and you could have heard a pin drop; half the men were married guys and probably had kids. Now, if you were in the greeting card section and picked up one of those cards with a muscled shirtless guy, I'd say she'd sort of get it. If you added "Isn't he hot, grandma?" then she would definitely get it.

You're sort of skirting this topic about family members knowing lately, so it's sounds like you want them to know one way or the other.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since half my mom's side is gay, it's fine for them to know. But anyone who has the same last name as me, they probably won't be as accepting. I'm pretty sure one of my cousins on my dad's side is gay but I've never asked, and he probably wouldn't tell. That and I don't see him very often.

I know one cousin would be very accepting...she's going to school to be an ACLU lawyer, and was inspired by the Terri Schiavo case and the Massachusetts gay marriage case when she was a freshman in high school.

4. Night

Night Guest

That's not enough for her to assume anything. As far as she's concerned, you could have just happened to be looking at the guy.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I guess. He was so skinny and smooth and he was squatting down and you could see his Calvin Kleins. Mmmmmm.

Yeah, maybe I'm paranoid, but it's still a legitimate concern.

6. UndercoverGypsy

Haha, it sounds like it was worth it! Anyways, she probably suspected for a moment or two but passed it off as a coincidence that you were looking in that direction. Don't worry about it - it's not something she'll confront you over, not enough proof.

7. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Grandmas usually have the best perception. Mine, I'm quite sure is aware of who I am. We spent far too much time together growing older together.

I am still a child in her eyes, but that has changed with the introduction of grand kids. Hooray, the fam is now gossiping about the young ones that may be gay. Everyone is still loved the same though.