1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just don't like condoms

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jared J, May 11, 2021.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An awful lot of them. And if you are on one of the hookup apps, and find someone willing to hookup, almost 100% of them.

I'm completely in agreement with Patrick, though I have less patience than many others do with this sort of nonsense. This might because I have counseled an incredible number of teens and young adults who, just like you, convinced themselves that they would never get HIV because they convinced themselves that (a) "they are cautious" (b) their partners are "hygenic" (c) Their partners don't sleep with other people (d) "They don't sleep around that much", (e) "Their partner got tested recently"

Not a single one of the folks I've counseled, once they became HIV+, were like "Oh, well, shit happens." Every one of them was miserable. Every one felt dumb. Every one desperately wished they could go back and listen to the advice they got.

You probably won't die from HIV if you get it today, but you do have to take drugs to manage it for the rest of your life, and those drugs impact other systems in your body. Different people have different symptoms, but few are symptom free.

So really, to me, it is in some ways similar to the dumbasses who refuse to get vaccinated for Covid because of this-or-that bullshit reason and then, in their last gasping breaths, are saying they wish they had gotten vaccinated. One little thing they could have done to keep themselves safe, but there's some bullshit rationalization that they used which, once the rationalization failed, they realized that they were completely full of shit. Except then, they were too late

Bastion likes this.