1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my body

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Zac, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Zac

Zac

When I look in the mirror I see a female and it's making me hate myself. I don't feel female! But I don't feel male so I don't want a sex change. How can I learn to love myself despite how I look?

I'm afraid to tell anyone I actually know how I feel, expecially my mother. I have though about telling my consellor but I wouldn't know where or how to start talking to her about it.

At the moment I'm trying to lose weight but I'm concerned that if I do I'll look more feminine, and that thought scares me so much. I also want to change how I dress, I used to wear mainly male clothes but I got bullied about it so I started to wear female clothes but I hate them so much :frowning2:

2. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow. I'm so sorry for your situation. I really hope that there are some people on here that can help you. I think you should talk to your counselor. Maybe write down what you feel and then read it to them? It might make it easier. And I really hate that people picked on you for wearing male clothes. Aside from anything gender related I find them to be WAY more comfortable than the crap they peddle at lady shops. People should just mind their own.

3. Zac

Zac

I wouldn't even know where to start with buying men's clothes... Though I know I won't wear men's jeans

4. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    yeah, the sizes are a tad confusing. I bought a pair of pants at lowes and I basically just kept trying them on until I found the right size. I think for the most part that's what you have to do (although, it can be intimidating). Once you've got your size for what you want to buy, online shopping ahoy!

5. Zac

Zac

Do you ever have umm bulges when you sit down if you're wearing mens jeans?

6. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I haven't really noticed but I usually wear long unisex shirts so even if I did it's covered.

7. Sarcastic Luck

Depending on how loose the jeans are in the crotch and how they're designed, they can bulge a bit, but it's not super male looking. Just looks like the jean fabric is gathered up.

8. Zac

Zac

Thanks

9. Zac

Zac

Though I think I'd prefer to start with men's tops and see how that feels

10. Rabbit in a Tie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm right there with you. Gender dysphoria really, really sucks, and it's sometimes hard to explain to people who don't experience it.

A suggestion for men's clothes: have you tried men's shorts? They're cut differently from women's shorts, and I like the way they can conceal hips and thighs somewhat. In my opinion, they don't really scream "man", but I'm way more comfortable in them.

11. Zac

Zac

The only men's shorts I have tried are basketball shorts. I wear my pants really low compared to most people so they don't show off much hip.

What does genderqueer mean?