1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate high school

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by silentsound, Aug 31, 2008.

?

Did you come out in high school?

1. I came out and was happier

35 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. I came out and wished I was in

5 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. I was in and I am glad I stayed that way

12 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I was in and wish I had come out

14 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. I didn't even know about my sexuality back then

6 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out to all of my friends a while ago, but I came out to "everyone" over the summer, and I really would recommend it to anybody. I just found myself hanging with bigger, more varied groups of people, and everyone wanted to know if I'd landed myself a girlfriend yet, and other such questions, so I was just honest about it.

A lot were really surprised and kind of thought they were supposed to keep it a secret, but I kind of told them, "If it comes up, then so be it; it's not a secret or anything". By the time school started everyone at school knew about it. I'll admit, I was pretty damn nervous on the first day, mainly worried that the people (well, the guys) I'd talked to last year would no longer want to associate with me. Or that it might cut off new friendships before they even begin because people don't want to converse with the gay kid.

But it was perfect. Everyone was cool with it, the old classmates and I hit it up like nothing had happened (and nothing did, really). I've made lots of new friends too, and I haven't received any negative comments so far. I love my life .

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I was outed by one of my best mates over the Xmas holiday between my 2nd and 3rd year. I was angry at first but now I'm really glad it happened everything is so much easier.

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out early in my senior year... it wasn't better nor worse overall, but I felt better with myself.

4. Zak

Zak

This year is my first year in HS. And its ok. I was thinking aboutt hsi topic at lunch yesterday. and i came to realise, it wont be easy. IDK, i will most likely wait until my brother is outta the school(hes a JR) and then i might come out. idk yet though.

5. Henrike

I came out (to a select group of people) near the end of senior year, a month after I discovered myself. Definitely let off a bunch of stress, and I don't regret it at all.

6. Zūn Jìng

Zūn Jìng Guest

I've been out and trying to re-in myself atm>_<

7. Wired106

I'm actually in high school, and I havn't come out to anyone at my school except 3-4 people so I don't think it counts as coming out in high school. But so far, I'm glad i'm not out because I know if I was, I'd get so much crap from people considering I got to an all boys private school.

8. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out at the end of my freshman year when i was dating my first boyfriend. I actually came out to most of my school by posting pictures of me and my boyfriend making out. Everyone still loves me of course i lost a few guy friends when i first came out. But now im a junior and everyone is okay with it. I dont ever get negative comments. Mostly because im not ashamed of it. I have people ask me questions some times but thats about it. Everyone knows im gay and i dont care. The kids who get made of for it are usually the ones who are ashmaed of themselves and kind of bring it upon themselves by trying to hide it and getting nervous about it. I talk about doing stuff with guys to straight guys at school and they usually laugh because i talk about it like theres nothing wrong with it. I dont take shit from anybody though i can keep my own when i get in a fight.

9. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha most people know me at my school for being a slut so its hillarious. Ive hooked up with a few "straight" guys so yeah. Come out in highschool. It wont hurt. staying in teh closet will make it worse. In my opinion.

10. Purplecow

Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, i came out to a couple of friends, who then told everyone i know. Resulting in me being hated by my whole school :grin: - Great friends.
    No idea why i told them. I've always hated myself for liking guys. I've never been able to accept it and still can't. Recently dropped out of highschool to avoid parents finding out. - They're really phobic and would kick me out if they knew. So yeah, thats what happened to me

11. Mickey

Wow. The same thing happened to me! I ended up quitting school because of it. This was back in the late '70's,so you can imagine the crap I went thru. Don't worry.sweetie.it DOES get better, especially now that you're done with school!(*hug*)